HULU

SailorGirl

Any HULU subscribers out there in forum land and if so have you been having an problems losing the connection lately? It seems like lately every time I try to flip through the stations, I lose the connection - 22 times last night and several again this morning. It doesn't happen on NETFLIX or Peacock - so can you lose the connection on a separate streaming thing and not others. I didn't lose internet either - it's weird.

And while I'm at it - did your HULU suscription go up again? Mine went up $10.00 last year and $10.00 again w/o any improvment in service. Switching to something else - open for suggestions.

HelloDave

Yes I had the E mail about the price going up again. It seems they have added a lot of carp content e.g. QVC, that I am not interested in. The channel line up is beginning to look a lot like the old Metrocast one. A lot of minority interest stuff that they obviously pick up cheaply and then try and justify huge price increases on the back of. Also open to suggestions. What's Sling like anyone?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
PREMO Member
HULU ... NETFLIX or Peacock ...
I have thought about getting rid of DirecTV and going to some of these streaming services. But anytime I add up what I want it always comes out being more expensive than what I have now (for the same "services").

Do you (or anyone else) find it to be more or less expensive? If less, did you settle by reducing what you wanted to watch to what you could afford to pay?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S. On another, unrelated note, I don't think I ever got around to thanking you for the commissary update from last week (re: Lysol, etc.). My wife was heading there when I read your post so I called her and she was appreciative of the news. So, THANK YOU!

--- End of line (MCP)

SailorGirl

You're welco
I have thought about getting rid of DirecTV and going to some of these streaming services. But anytime I add up what I want it always comes out being more expensive than what I have now (for the same "services").

Do you (or anyone else) find it to be more or less expensive? If less, did you settle by reducing what you wanted to watch to what you could afford to pay?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S. On another, unrelated note, I don't think I ever got around to thanking you for the commissary update from last week (re: Lysol, etc.). My wife was heading there when I read your post so I called her and she was appreciative of the news. So, THANK YOU!

--- End of line (MCP)
You're welcome. I feel like I'm there so often that it's easy to keep everyone posted.

I just got mad at Broadband for raising the prices again w/o doing a darn thing to improve their service or expand their selection. I made of list of channels I couldn't do without and then found a service that matched it. At first it was Sling and I got that free for a month and then paid $30.00. Then I went to HULU but I forgot why. I got them free for a month and then paid $40.00. Now they're asking for $64.00. That's twice it went up in a year without improvement. I don't know where I'm going next but I'll figure it out. I watch too much television anyway.

SailorGirl

Have you tried YouTubeTV?
I did - and I don't remember why I stopped it. It's on the forum someplace - I'll have to look it up. Do they do history and National Geographic, Cartoon Network - some normal channel lineups or just youtube stuff?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did - and I don't remember why I stopped it. It's on the forum someplace - I'll have to look it up. Do they do history and National Geographic, Cartoon Network - some normal channel lineups or just youtube stuff?
Yes.