Hundreds of African migrants cross US-Mexico border in Texas over past week: reports

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
EL PASO, Texas – More than 500 migrants from African nations -- including Angola, Cameroon and the Republic of Congo -- have been apprehended in Texas, at the Del Rio Border Patrol sector of the U.S.-Mexico border, since May 30, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

One group of 116 African migrants apprehended by border agents last week were caught wading across the Rio Grande in order to gain access to the U.S., authorities said.

Del Rio sector's chief patrol agent, Raul L Ortiz, told BBC News that language barriers and cultural differences were causing "additional burdens on processing stations" as border agents process migrants who come from areas other than Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking Central and South America.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-latest-group-of-116-africans-arrested-at-border

So they fly or come by ship from Africa to Mexico and then attempt to sneak in

PeoplesElbow

EL PASO, Texas – More than 500 migrants from African nations -- including Angola, Cameroon and the Republic of Congo -- have been apprehended in Texas, at the Del Rio Border Patrol sector of the U.S.-Mexico border, since May 30, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

One group of 116 African migrants apprehended by border agents last week were caught wading across the Rio Grande in order to gain access to the U.S., authorities said.

Del Rio sector's chief patrol agent, Raul L Ortiz, told BBC News that language barriers and cultural differences were causing "additional burdens on processing stations" as border agents process migrants who come from areas other than Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking Central and South America.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-latest-group-of-116-africans-arrested-at-border

So they fly or come by ship from Africa to Mexico and then attempt to sneak in

If they are so destitute to need "asylum" in a more prosperous nation then how the hell did they get from Africa to Mexico. I can't imagine that is a very cheap trip.

GregV814

Well, Jorge Soros, el- Supremo Barack “Satan” Ombomo and La-Michelle Oprah Ombomo. (Fun fact, la-Michelle in Kenya translation is “man crotch”)...

Hijinx

When people all mover the world know that the easiest way to get into America we definitely have a crisis no matte what Nancy Pelosi and that New York dipsh*t Schumer have to say.
People in Africa ---most of them probably illiterate--know they can sneak in through Mexico.
Who know how many unvetted people have come across that border.?
How many criminals, how many terrorists?

But that doesn't seem to bother our elected representatives who are so busy drooling over investigating the President.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Record number of African migrants coming to Mexican border

On recent Saturday in Tijuana, there were 90 Cameroonians lined up to get on a waiting list to request asylum that has swelled to about 7,500 names. Also on the waiting list are Ethiopians, Eritreans, Mauritanians, Sudanese and Congolese.

Cameroonians generally fly to Ecuador because no visa is required and take about four months to reach Tijuana. They walk for days in Panama through dense forest, where they are often robbed and held in government-run camps. They come from Cameroon’s English-speaking south with horrifying stories of rape, murder and torture since late 2016 by soldiers of the country’s French-speaking majority, which holds power.

A few days after the big groups of African immigrants were apprehended in Texas, federal officials dropped off dozens of them in San Antonio. Officials in the Texas city sent out a plea for French-speaking volunteers for translating work “and most importantly, making our guests feel welcome.”

BernieP

Resident PIA
What we need here is a couple of large water cannons to cool them off with.
When the rush the border, quench their thirst.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The Democratic Republic of Congo ranks in as the poorest country in the world with it's citizens earning on average $394.25 a year. That's just about a whole $1.08 per day folks. And that's an average. Many many more may only get $00.50 cents per day, or $1.15 per day. Pretty much the same for the poor and down trodden poverty stricken class in Angola and Cameroon as well. So, this really begs the question being yelled from the rooftops of CNN and the rest of the MSM .... Where the hell do these people get the money to buy a plane ticket to fly across a huge ocean, or take a cruise ship, to land in Mexico or a Nation south of Mexico, and then, to be able to feed themselves while traveling north through other Nations to reach Mexico and then to cross the Rio Grande into our beloved Nation of these States United? Questions, questions, questions.

This_person

If I may ...

The Democratic Republic of Congo ranks in as the poorest country in the world with it's citizens earning on average $394.25 a year. That's just about a whole $1.08 per day folks. And that's an average. Many many more may only get $00.50 cents per day, or $1.15 per day. Pretty much the same for the poor and down trodden poverty stricken class in Angola and Cameroon as well. So, this really begs the question being yelled from the rooftops of CNN and the rest of the MSM .... Where the hell do these people get the money to buy a plane ticket to fly across a huge ocean, or take a cruise ship, to land in Mexico or a Nation south of Mexico, and then, to be able to feed themselves while traveling north through other Nations to reach Mexico and then to cross the Rio Grande into our beloved Nation of these States United? Questions, questions, questions.
And, why? Why change hemispheres and have complete and total language and cultural changes? Are there absolutely zero good areas in Africa?

GregV814

If I may ...

Soros airlines

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That's probably about right. Can't think of one.
Too much tribalism in a lot of those countries. Each group fighting with a different group.

I wonder why diversity is suppose to be our strength in the US but diversity is the major reason that most of Africa can't get out of the stone age. Interesting how that works.

The ethnic groups of Africa number in the thousands, with each population generally having its own language (or dialect of a language) and culture.

Smokey1

Must be nice to have been lucky enough to be born in the USA!! Holy S you are a prick.

I don't see you guys complaining about people from the Ukraine seeking asylum. They are #3 for arrivals. Perhaps Fox news hasn't told you how to feel about them. Gee, I wonder why. https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

As long as they are doing it legally there isn't a problem. Most of the illegal immigrants coming in from Central America are coming in for economic reasons not asylum even though they may claim asylum.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Must be nice to have been lucky enough to be born in the USA!! Holy S you are a prick.

I don't see you guys complaining about people from the Ukraine seeking asylum. They are #3 for arrivals. Perhaps Fox news hasn't told you how to feel about them. Gee, I wonder why. https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum
Easy there big guy. Yes luck has a lot to do with it.

Ever day when I wake I give thanks that I was born in a nation that for the most part functions and leaves me be to live my life. Those other nations could have that also. We don't have a patent on how to have a prosperous nation. Want to be a successful nation? Then do the things that successful nations do. Don't do 3rd world things expecting first world results.

Speaking of luck. I was fortunate to have served in the US Navy. That in itself is no great accomplishment. Most Americans can do that if the choose to. But while serving I got to see a good deal of the world. Both the beautiful and the miserable places. Each overseas jaunt, when I returned I had a better appreciation for our country. A lot of countries have a very tiny elite class and the rest of the people are almost dirt poor.

Then I would get home and see the poor people in the US. Our poor have cars, homes, TVs, cell phones, smoke cigarettes, drink beer. The only thing they don't have is extra money for the nicer things in life. I'm sure 100% of the world's poor would gladly change place with the US poor people.

This_person

I don't see you guys complaining about people from the Ukraine seeking asylum. They are #3 for arrivals. Perhaps Fox news hasn't told you how to feel about them.
I think most of us are fine with people entering legally, regardless of home country. But, that’s not what we are talking about here.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Easy there big guy. Yes luck has a lot to do with it.

Ever day when I wake I give thanks that I was born in a nation that for the most part functions and leaves me be to live my life. Those other nations could have that also. We don't have a patent on how to have a prosperous nation. Want to be a successful nation? Then do the things that successful nations do. Don't do 3rd world things expecting first world results.

Speaking of luck. I was fortunate to have served in the US Navy. That in itself is no great accomplishment. Most Americans can do that if the choose to. But while serving I got to see a good deal of the world. Both the beautiful and the miserable places. Each overseas jaunt, when I returned I had a better appreciation for our country. A lot of countries have a very tiny elite class and the rest of the people are almost dirt poor.

Then I would get home and see the poor people in the US. Our poor have cars, homes, TVs, cell phones, smoke cigarettes, drink beer. The only thing they don't have is extra money for the nicer things in life. I'm sure 100% of the world's poor would gladly change place with the US poor people.

Yup. My time in the Navy saw some of the best, and a lot of the worst - especially my 2 1/2 years in Ethiopia 73 - 75, where they were the poorest in the world, with an average of about $70.00 per year income. Yep - about six dollars US a month. The worst was Karachi, Pakistan, followed by Bandar Abbas, Iran.

These people "migrating" from the depths of interior dark Africa does beg the question - where is their money coming from to travel a quarter of the way around the world and end up here illegally through Mexico? And, by the way, a massive outbreak of ebola is occurring in that region as we speak. So what else are these "migrants" bringing here?