Hunter-Jumper Barns?

fredsaid2

There are some, mostly the beginning rider/local show level. Some of the more serious riders I know have trainers come to them or meet them at shows. What level are you looking for?

Sparks

fredsaid2 said:
There are some, mostly the beginning rider/local show level. Some of the more serious riders I know have trainers come to them or meet them at shows. What level are you looking for?

I'd be looking for something more than the beginner level. Training is not as important as as excellent care, decent sized ring with good footing and quality jumps. Indoor is a plus but not absolutely necessary. I may have to board a horse for the winter.

I thought I heard Winn Alden trains at a barn somewhere in So. MD?

fredsaid2

Sparks said:
I'd be looking for something more than the beginner level. Training is not as important as as excellent care, decent sized ring with good footing and quality jumps. Indoor is a plus but not absolutely necessary. I may have to board a horse for the winter.

I thought I heard Winn Alden trains at a barn somewhere in So. MD?

She trains out of a private barn for those clients. You might get a lesson with her if you had a place for her to come to and could coordinate with her schedule. I don't think she's in the area much, her clients generally meet her at shows.

I was told the person advertising in the classifieds sounded like she had a very good background. You'd have to find a barn open to outside trainers though. What part of the area are you interested in?

Sparks

fredsaid2 said:
She trains out of a private barn for those clients. You might get a lesson with her if you had a place for her to come to and could coordinate with her schedule. I don't think she's in the area much, her clients generally meet her at shows.

I was told the person advertising in the classifieds sounded like she had a very good background. You'd have to find a barn open to outside trainers though. What part of the area are you interested in?

I'd prefer somewhere in Southern PG (yes, I know some don't want to call that area So. MD), Northern St. Mary's maybe and the surrounding areas. I may go farther for the right place.

fredsaid2

MerryMount is in your area. It's a good sized lesson barn. Whatever their good or bad points, they have several riders that have done very well in H/J. Might be worth checking out. There are a bunch of barns in Upper Marlboro/Davidsonville. I think COTH has a couple of current threads discussing those areas. Check them out for more suggestions.

Sparks

I'm familiar with most of the barns in the Upper Marlboro area. Most are full for the winter.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
fredsaid2 said:

The lady advertising is great. She's been working with my little one for a few months now and what a change. She's picked up more in those few months then the year+ she spent with her other trainer. :yay:

Sparks

SouthernMdRocks said:
The lady advertising is great. She's been working with my little one for a few months now and what a change. She's picked up more in those few months then the year+ she spent with her other trainer. :yay:

Is that the place in Port Tobacco? Too far for me.

G

GVF

I am in Brandywine and have one space available currently. $350 for full care. Small private barn. No indoor, but a nice big outdoor ring, wonderful footing, new addition to barn with 12x12 matted stalls. Just built 10 more new sets of jumps. We are having a hunter/jumper show this Sunday. If you would like more info please check out www.goldenventurefarm.com Good luck :)

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Sparks said:
Found a home for the winter. Thanks for the info everyone.

:cartwheel :cartwheel :cartwheel

Very good. :howdy:
BTW, talked with that fella you mentioned. Once the word flex fencing came out of my mouth,,,,I didn't hear back from him. :lmao:
Maybe I should have stuck with board!!! :shrug:

Sparks

SouthernMdRocks said:
Very good. :howdy:
BTW, talked with that fella you mentioned. Once the word flex fencing came out of my mouth,,,,I didn't hear back from him. :lmao:
Maybe I should have stuck with board!!! :shrug:

I think he's an "old-school" board fence kinda' guy. :whistle: