Hunter Pace is still on!

bosox

Hunter Pace is OFF!

Attire is whatever you want (dress warm!) the only requirement is a helmet and proper footwear. The teams can be made up of 2, 3 or 4 riders and the cost is $30 for Seniors and $25 for Juniors (18 and under). This is a fundraiser for Marlborough Horse Trials and we will be selling food at the event as well. You can show up to ride any time between 11 AM and 1230 PM. The winners are those closest to the "Optimum Time" on course and we have Dover Gift certificates for first place! Optimum Time is unknown! Remember, like a hunt there is some walking, some trotting and some cantering and jumping (or flat for those not wanting to jump). If you want to jump some of the jumps, but not all, don't worry. Go out in a flat group and jump those that you want and skip the rest! Above all, be safe and have FUN!!! If you are in doubt about the weather on Sunday morning, we will have an update up as early as possible if we cancel at www.marlboroughhorse.org.However, only major rain, snow or other unsafe condition will cause us to cancel!

Last edited:

SugarNSpikes

How high are the jumps, and do you have to go out in a group?

My guy can only jump teeny tiny baby jumps (As I found out today), and I don't really have anyone to go with. :whistle: All of the (total of 3) people at my barn just aren't into this kind of stuff...

bosox

the exact wording is--the course will be nice and long...and people will get their monies worth. Janice Cole is the one setting the course...and these are her words. I don't know anymore than that...sorry.

The heights will be from 2'6" to 3 foot. You can sign in for the flat class and if there looks like a fun little jump to take w/your horse--then you can take it--even in the flat class. I would say that you can just join in with one of the people there. If you want, PM your riding style and the speed you want to travel with--and if you sound like a good match for my friend's mom--you can go out with her.

devinej

nice and long...LOL

closer to 5 miles or closer to 10 miles? how fit does a horse need to be? haha

bosox

The Marlborough Horse Trials Inaugural Hunter Pace, originally scheduled for Sunday (18 Jan) is canceled. We are primarily concerned for the safety of horse and rider and do not feel the weather and the hard ground will be conducive to a fun and safe day for everyone.

Thanks to all those who planned to come out and support this fund-raiser. Most likely we will not be able to reschedule until early Spring, so stay tuned to our web site for details. Thanks so much.