Hunter Paces

devinej

anyone know of any? i think AMIT has one....maybe caves farm?? let's make a calendar for my favorite type of competition!!!

:cartwheel

2baymares

anyone know of any? i think AMIT has one....maybe caves farm?? let's make a calendar for my favorite type of competition!!!

:cartwheel

There is one on September 28th. At Brigerton Cove.
We are going. Do you want to be part of our team. We usually place 1st or 2nd.

spellbound

Commonwealth Foxhounds

Here is the flyer.

Attachments

• HPFlyerfall08-Back.pdf
    113.6 KB · Views: 87
  • HPFlyerfall08-Front.pdf
    180.1 KB · Views: 59

BrookValley

Don't they do one at Skyview Farm in Mechanicsville (or is it Loveville)? Or is that a trail ride? :confused: I don't know. I like my jumps to fall down if I hit them (or go through them, whatever the case may be)!! So you won't find me at any hunter paces. Yeah, I'm old and skeered. :lmao:

Bobby definitely has one, I just can't remember when it usually is.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Don't they do one at Skyview Farm in Mechanicsville (or is it Loveville)? Or is that a trail ride? :confused: I don't know. I like my jumps to fall down if I hit them (or go through them, whatever the case may be)!! So you won't find me at any hunter paces. Yeah, I'm old and skeered. :lmao:

Bobby definitely has one, I just can't remember when it usually is.
Brookvalley:howdy: There is a trailride at Skyview on 10/19http://www.smtr.us/ridebriefs.htm . Jumps are always optional.

A gal here at the barn is hosting the ride...I hear there are some really cool prizes that day:whistle:

J and M

Brookvalley:howdy: There is a trailride at Skyview on 10/19http://www.smtr.us/ridebriefs.htm . Jumps are always optional.

A gal here at the barn is hosting the ride...I hear there are some really cool prizes that day:whistle:

:howdy: Perci

Are you guys going to Gettysburg this weekend?

devinej

Hunter Paces are the best. its basically a long trail ride. you go in pairs or threes or fours (you make up your own team), and you pace yourselves according to the division that you entered. they usually have a slower division (w/t, no jumps), medium (w/t/c optional low jumps), and faster division (w/t/c optional higher jumps). they are usually judged on optimum time, so whoever is closest to the average speed wins, don't go too fast or too slow.

SugarNSpikes

Hunter Paces are the best. its basically a long trail ride. you go in pairs or threes or fours (you make up your own team), and you pace yourselves according to the division that you entered. they usually have a slower division (w/t, no jumps), medium (w/t/c optional low jumps), and faster division (w/t/c optional higher jumps). they are usually judged on optimum time, so whoever is closest to the average speed wins, don't go too fast or too slow.

That's neat. What do you all typically do? I'd love to go one, I'd just need the slower or medium depending on how high the jumps are.

devinej

it depends on the horse i take. if its a greenie, then the slowest, if its my TB, then the fastest. if its my pony, then in between. the jumps are always optional if you just want to go faster...hehehe

FrmGrl

Get some!
it depends on the horse i take. if its a greenie, then the slowest, if its my TB, then the fastest. if its my pony, then in between. the jumps are always optional if you just want to go faster...hehehe
I want to go on a beginner ride with Eve. I think she would have a blast! But would have to be in the slower group, or then again with her, maybe not!

devinej

SO back to my calendar idea:

Sept 1. at Tranquillity Manor Farm (north of B-more) but a really good one.
Sept 13 at woodpecker farm hosted by commonwealth hounds
Sept. 28 at Brigerton Cove
Oct. 12 De La Brook Foxhounds (where??)
Oct. 19 at Skyview in loveville

Need dates for AMIT, Cage Stables.
Are we missing any??

Last edited: