Hunter Palooza 2009 - December 5, 2009

RatchetJaw

HuntOnly.com's 2nd Annual Hunter Palooza
December 5, 2009

Hunter Palooza 2009 promises to be one of the biggest Hunting Parties of 2009. We have already secured the Jeff Miller Band for entertainment and have some big things in the works that are sure to make for a great evening. This year we are also adding a large Silent Auction. Auction items will range from Taxidermy to Fully Guided Hunts.

Thanks to all who attended and all who donated items Hunter Palooza 2008 raised over $3,600. That money was donated to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry and is used to process the donated deer. Usually toward the end of the hunting season these funds are completely depleted which means the butcher shops cannot take the donated deer and local families cannot get the food they need at the worst possible time of year, winter. The funds raised at Hunter Palooza allow butcher shops to keep processing donated deer, families to get the food they need AND it allows us to keep HUNTING! This event really comes full circle for a lot of people and has benefits far beyond the fun filled evening we enjoy.

If you're interested in getting involved or making a donation we would love to talk to you.

Hunter Palooza, What is it..?

Hunter Palooza began in 2008 as a way for a small group of hunters to get together one evening during the hunting season, enjoy some hunting talk, good music, and raise a little money for a good cause.

In 3 short weeks it went from a small gathering of hunters to a full blown event with multiple gun raffles, tons of door prizes, 50-50 raffles, a band and being fully catered by Outback Steakhouse. What started as just a gathering of some local hunters at a local bar one evening blew into something much bigger than we had planned very quickly.

In the end we had donations from nearly every local restaurant, including Texas Road House, Outback, Apple Bees and even Wal-Mart, Food Lion, Giant and Wawa stepped in and donated gift cards. Fred's Sports donated an H&R Ultra Slug Gun and FNH Arms donated a .40 cal Pistol. Motor Mouth Sounds made donations, along with many others from the local community.

Our small evening ended up with over 400 people through the front door that night and together as a local hunting community we raised $3,600. That money was donated to the Southern Maryland Chapter of Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry.

2009 is a new year and this year we have a little more time to plan and we are making plans to take Hunter Palooza to a whole new level. Stay tuned for all the details..!!

Hunter Palooza, The Ultimate Hunting Party!!

Be sure to join us at HuntOnly.com

And also besure to support your local Southern Maryland FHFH Chapter

Attachments

• huntonlylogo.jpg
    huntonlylogo.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

RatchetJaw

This is what Hunter Palooza can do. Let's make it even better this year !

Article from Maryland FHFH website:

HuntOnly.com, an online hunting site based in Southern Maryland, has made a generous contribution of $3,600 to Maryland FHFH. The contribution represents proceeds from the group’s recent first annual “Hunter Palooza” event. Hunters associated with HuntOnly.com also donated 15 deer to FHFH this hunting season which will provide venison for thousands of meals to the hungry this winter.

To learn more about the group please visit them at the following link: HuntOnly.com

In the photo below Southern Maryland FHFH Coordinator Steve White (center) receives a contribution from HuntOnly.com Founder Steve Johnson (left) and HuntOnly.com representative Tom Bateman (right).

Attachments

• 2008hodonation.jpg
    2008hodonation.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 94

RatchetJaw

Maybe you could post where to buy tickets, when and how much they will be.

Well if you attended Hunter Palooza last year I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did... The Event was very successful and together we raised over $3,600 which was donated to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry… But I have to say, we are just getting started...!!

Hunter Palooza 2009 is coming December 5th to Scotts Bar II in Welcome Maryland...

We just started selling our 2009 Gun Raffle Tickets and they are available at Freds Sports in Waldorf or contact me and I will figure out how to get them in your hands... Here is the list of guns... NOTE: If you live out of state and win the raffle Fred's' Sports will have to transfer the gun to a licensed FFL dealer in your state who can then transfer the gun to you...

1 Ticket for $5 or 6 Tickets for $20 and each ticket gives you a chance at the Following 5 guns...

1. H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12Ga. or 20Ga.
2. Remington 11-87 Cantilever Rifled Barrel 12Ga.
3. Benelli Nova Advantage Max 4 Camo, 28" Barrel 12Ga.
4. H&R Excel Semi-Auto 28" 12Ga.
5. Whetherby Vanguard Synthetic Stock .243

You need not be present at Hunter Palooza to win, though I'm sure you won't want to miss this....

We are also receiving items for a Silent Auction... G5 Outdoors is just one of the companies who have already stepped up and donated items and we are talking with many more… Once I have more details on the Items I will get them listed, but I can already say that one of the items is Valued at over $500...

In order to make Hunter Palooza an event to really remember we have invited a few "Celebrity Hunters" to attend as well... One such person that will be in attendance is Laura “The Martin Girl” Francese… If you haven’t seen her before grab any Bowhunting magazine, flip though and I’m sure you will come across a Martin Bows Ad with her featured… If you haven’t met her before, you’re in for a treat, a truly laid back member of the hunting community who enjoys hunting as much as anyone I have met…

If you are looking for more details, you can find them here: Hunter Palooza, The Ultimate Hunting Party!!

More Details to come as we near the event… I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
No tickets required. It would be great if everyone would make a donation at the door, or at least some time, during the event.

Can you tell us where it will be held and the time? I see that the organization is in Welcome, but that's it.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
No tickets required. It would be great if everyone would make a donation at the door, or at least some time, during the event.
we are very interested in attending and would love to make a donation at the door, we have been members on the website since they started.

Details: Where and when???

RatchetJaw

Well if you attended Hunter Palooza last year I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did... The Event was very successful and together we raised over $3,600 which was donated to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry… But I have to say, we are just getting started...!!

Hunter Palooza 2009 is coming December 5th to Scotts Bar II in Welcome Maryland...

We just started selling our 2009 Gun Raffle Tickets and they are available at Freds Sports in Waldorf or contact me and I will figure out how to get them in your hands... Here is the list of guns... NOTE: If you live out of state and win the raffle Fred's' Sports will have to transfer the gun to a licensed FFL dealer in your state who can then transfer the gun to you...

1 Ticket for $5 or 6 Tickets for $20 and each ticket gives you a chance at the Following 5 guns...

1. H&R Ultra Slug Gun 12Ga. or 20Ga.
2. Remington 11-87 Cantilever Rifled Barrel 12Ga.
3. Benelli Nova Advantage Max 4 Camo, 28" Barrel 12Ga.
4. H&R Excel Semi-Auto 28" 12Ga.
5. Whetherby Vanguard Synthetic Stock .243

You need not be present at Hunter Palooza to win, though I'm sure you won't want to miss this....

We are also receiving items for a Silent Auction... G5 Outdoors is just one of the companies who have already stepped up and donated items and we are talking with many more… Once I have more details on the Items I will get them listed, but I can already say that one of the items is Valued at over $500...

In order to make Hunter Palooza an event to really remember we have invited a few "Celebrity Hunters" to attend as well... One such person that will be in attendance is Laura “The Martin Girl” Francese… If you haven’t seen her before grab any Bowhunting magazine, flip though and I’m sure you will come across a Martin Bows Ad with her featured… If you haven’t met her before, you’re in for a treat, a truly laid back member of the hunting community who enjoys hunting as much as anyone I have met…

If you are looking for more details, you can find them here: Hunter Palooza, The Ultimate Hunting Party!!

More Details to come as we near the event… I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Last edited: