Hunters field day safety course.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I find it hard to believe that the field day course listed on DNR's website, thats already full, is the only one offered in the State of Maryland.

I cant seem to find any instructors or private courses online.

Does anyone have contact info that can help me get a hunting license?

bulldog

Kind of late in the season. Most of the courses are held earlier, leading up to the winter time seasons (deer, goose, etc.). You may want to check the VFW or call the tackle box and see if they have any info.
Sometimes classes are held at the rod and gun club on base...if you have access.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Kind of late in the season. Most of the courses are held earlier, leading up to the winter time seasons (deer, goose, etc.). You may want to check the VFW or call the tackle box and see if they have any info.
Sometimes classes are held at the rod and gun club on base...if you have access.

If I knew it was going to be this difficult I would have started last year :lol:

I took an MD certified online course since I wasnt able to commit to the 5 day Hunter Education Course. I just find it hard to believe that the only contact info DNR provides for the FieldDay session, is the only one available in the State of MD.....

CobbWeb

Pre 1977

I find it hard to believe that the field day course listed on DNR's website, thats already full, is the only one offered in the State of Maryland.

I cant seem to find any instructors or private courses online.

Does anyone have contact info that can help me get a hunting license?

Just tell them you hunted pre 1977, unless your were born after that.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Just tell them you hunted pre 1977, unless your were born after that.

That only works if you have a pre-1977 hunting license laying around to show.

Maryland Department of Natural Resources - What is DNR?

Call the listed number. As far as I can see there are no Hunter Safety classes now or scheduled right now for the Spring.

Where were going to take it that it was a 5 day course? The one held at Calvert Sportsmen's Club is only 2 and the one at King's Landing is 3 with Fri. and Sun. being short days.

bulldog

That only works if you have a pre-1977 hunting license laying around to show.Maryland Department of Natural Resources - What is DNR?

Call the listed number. As far as I can see there are no Hunter Safety classes now or scheduled right now for the Spring.

Where were going to take it that it was a 5 day course? The one held at Calvert Sportsmen's Club is only 2 and the one at King's Landing is 3 with Fri. and Sun. being short days.

I have never had to have a pre-1977 license to show. That may be the "requirement", but they simply ask..."did you hunt prior to 1977". I say yes and they give me the license.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I have never had to have a pre-1977 license to show. That may be the "requirement", but they simply ask..."did you hunt prior to 1977". I say yes and they give me the license.

Once you get a MD license you're in the system so you wouldn't be asked again. I was 30 years ago and you're right, it depends on where you go to get a license. I happened to anticipate the question so I did have a license from I think 1968 with me.

As a note, many western states require a Hunter Safety card to get a license no matter how long you've been hunting so if you plan on going out West to hunt make sure you have the card.

LordStanley

I know nothing
That only works if you have a pre-1977 hunting license laying around to show.

Maryland Department of Natural Resources - What is DNR?

Great info, thanks... Will check into them