Hunting with silencers

Novus Collectus

Some hoplophobes asked me before why anyone would ever need a silencer for their gun. I said "hunting". They said "ridiculous". I said "ever fire a gun without hearing protection?" They said "still ridiculous, no one hunts with silencers". I said, "yes they do".......

Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting - Telegraph

Notice Prince William and his girfriend hunting without a lick of hearing protection.

Attachments

• Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 151

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont think its fair to call them hoplophobes just because they have different Ideas regarding hunting than you or I do.

example.
I dont hunt, I have no interest in it. I wont allow it on any property that I own. I will have people arrested if they come onto my property with intent to hunt.
However, I also feel that I have no right to tell somebody else that they can not hunt on their own property providing there is enough space for them to do so. I might have an issue if I lived next door to you and you decided to drop a deer in the back yard.

and, like I said above, there are times when people do just enjoy walking through the woods on a nice brisk morning for no reason other than to enjoy the nature that God has provided for us. THese people have every bit as much right to be in the woods as the hunter. The sound of the gun going off is a good way to let people know they are most likely in the wrong place.

Novus Collectus

I dont think its fair to call them hoplophobes just because they have different Ideas regarding hunting than you or I do.
I didn't call them hoplophobes just because they didn't like the idea of huntng with silencers, I called them hoplophobes because they had an unreasonable fear of an innanimate object.
Not all those who don't like the idea of silencers for hunting are hoplophobes. Case in point, you aren't a hoplophobe.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's us...

... "the most common manifestation of hoplophobia is the idea that instruments possess a will of their own, apart from that of their user."

Imagine. You can, at least for now, walk in a store a at least buy a weapon. Now, if you want a muffler for it, :jameo: