Hurricane Ian

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's what they're going to call it if it goes from a tropical storm to a hurricane. The national news people are making hay out of it - OMIGOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! STAY GLUED TO OUR CHANNEL!!! - which is eye-rolling considering there's no real way of knowing which way it's going to go, or if it will go at all.

You'd think they'd learn not to get all jacked up until there's something to be jacked up about. How many times have they cried wolf, and now everyone ignores them?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That's what they're going to call it if it goes from a tropical storm to a hurricane. The national news people are making hay out of it - OMIGOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!! STAY GLUED TO OUR CHANNEL!!! - which is eye-rolling considering there's no real way of knowing which way it's going to go, or if it will go at all.

You'd think they'd learn not to get all jacked up until there's something to be jacked up about. How many times have they cried wolf, and now everyone ignores them?
Chicken Little Syndrome

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

But every so often you get a hurricane Mike that wipes out everything

PJay

Screenshot_20220923-183438~2.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

PJay

That's not unusual, unless you live in a Democrat state where the Governor is too baked to get ahead of things, plus s/he hates you and wants you dead.

My county isn't even on there, but the local news is practically salivating.
I know, just sharing info for people that may be planning a trip to any of the places on the list.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Apparently Fiona hit PR hard but no media sideshow.
Last night's evening news had a quick overview. Looked like every other time a hurricane hit an island. They were expecting the entire island to be without power.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was messaging with my nieces and brother this afternoon. Nieces live in the Lakeland area. My brother lives in the Keys, works for a contractor on the Base. He said they flew out their planes to New Orleans yesterday afternoon. He said as of *right now it looks like they're expecting 30-40 mph TS winds. Things can change, of course.

Reactions: BOP

DaSDGuy

This gives all those EV owners time to charge, drive 300 miles, stop and wait in line to charge again then finally drive far enough away to feel safe.
One other item. If they get hit hard like they are projecting (hoping) those EV owners may need to wait 2-3 weeks (or more) to return while the electrical system is repaired. I wouldn't put EV charging stations higher on the repair list than the homes and apartments where people are living.

GregV814

Are you guys totally ignoring the fact that women, children and minorities will be unmercifully, injured and possibly effected, (affected) by this aberration of Biblical proportions? And our germ infested uninvited guests from other parts of the world will need free hotels and stuff like that! While, YOU fellow Americans stuff your faces with WalMart cheeseburgers and drink beer and soda, sitting on your barco-lounger, while watching POC men struggle with "the rock" this Sunday, (brought to you by your local Ford dealers)??!! How dare you!!! (Greta Thornbutt tone)...

I happen to know that Donald T Trump and his associates seeded the Gulf stream with Chinese chemicals to cause this once in a lifetime ravenous weather because of the MirroLargo debacle!!! And, that he he called Putin to have Xi Pingpong arrested!!!

I'm glad I finally switched political affiliation and started listening to the real news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Are you guys totally ignoring the fact that women, children and minorities will be unmercifully, injured and possibly effected, (affected) by this aberration of Biblical proportions? And our germ infested uninvited guests from other parts of the world will need free hotels and stuff like that! While, YOU fellow Americans stuff your faces with WalMart cheeseburgers and drink beer and soda, sitting on your barco-lounger, while watching POC men struggle with "the rock" this Sunday, (brought to you by your local Ford dealers)??!! How dare you!!! (Greta Thornbutt tone)...

I happen to know that Donald T Trump and his associates seeded the Gulf stream with Chinese chemicals to cause this once in a lifetime ravenous weather because of the MirroLargo debacle!!! And, that he he called Putin to have Xi Pingpong arrested!!!

I'm glad I finally switched political affiliation and started listening to the real news.

Wait....Walmart has cheeseburgers? :yum:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Fox Weather channel is salivating over this. It's all they are talking about, like no weather exists anywhere else in the world.

GregV814

Wait....Walmart has cheeseburgers? :yum:
In Tick Tock lingo, "WalMart cheeseburger" is a metaphor, anology, (one of them there) for like, a rich white guy named "Buck" who drives an environmentally intrusive diesel truck with nekkid birthing humans on the mudflaps with a Garth Nelson CD playing what they call music. He normally has an American cowboy hat on, signaling his creeds massacre of indigenous natives and killed buffalos .

You guys need to get educated like that guy said in Chicago and admit your facist zionist Nazi attributes. And, pass the cold fries before I do something.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Tick Tock lingo, "WalMart cheeseburger" is a metaphor, anology, (one of them there) for like, a rich white guy named "Buck" who drives an environmentally intrusive diesel truck with nekkid birthing humans on the mudflaps with a Garth Nelson CD playing what they call music. He normally has an American cowboy hat on, signaling his creeds massacre of indigenous natives and killed buffalos .

You guys need to get educated like that guy said in Chicago and admit your facist zionist Nazi attributes. And, pass the cold fries before I do something.

So does Walmart have cheeseburgers or not?

angrybeaver.jpg