Hurricane Matthew tread ...

awpitt

Main Streeter
The 11:00am advisory show a continuing westward shift. If this stays, Saturday afternoon & overnight could get interesting for SoMD.

mathew2.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This Fat Bastard has really thrown a monkey wrench into my 4 day weekend plans. :burning:

red_explorer

My NC family called this morning....as they were headed to my house to ride out the storm. Uhhh ok. So much for deciding Wednesday.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
It is going to hit here in FL in the next day or so. I don't have enough wine to get through it. I may go out to store tomorrow and cancel my dr appt.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I was going to Raleigh. :ohwell:

No Way! :jet:

I'm heading out this evening for TP & milk, which I need anyway (storm or not). But I'm getting nervouser and nervouser as the storm track is updated with more west-wardly paths. I have eight 50'+ tall trees on my quarter acre, and my neighbor has their half-dead 100+ yr old pin oak that I've been asking them for YEARS to have evaluated and possibly removed, as it drops massive dead limbs in my driveway. Thankfully, this is all documented in writing and stored securely in my safe, as my insurance company has assured me they will subrogate/nail them to the wall if I suffer property damage due to their outright neglect. :bubble:

FTR - In Raleigh, cutting your neighbor's tree without permission (even that which hangs over your property line) is a misdemeanor, and they are major tree-huggers who tried to go after the power company for cutting their trees in the right of way. Power company came back and leveled the trees ... right after the neighbor re-landscaped their yard for 'shade loving' plants. Ahhhh karma! :killingme:killingme

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No Way! :jet:

I'm heading out this evening for TP & milk, which I need anyway (storm or not). But I'm getting nervouser and nervouser as the storm track is updated with more west-wardly paths. I have eight 50'+ tall trees on my quarter acre, and my neighbor has their half-dead 100+ yr old pin oak that I've been asking them for YEARS to have evaluated and possibly removed, as it drops massive dead limbs in my driveway. Thankfully, this is all documented in writing and stored securely in my safe, as my insurance company has assured me they will subrogate/nail them to the wall if I suffer property damage due to their outright neglect. :bubble:

FTR - In Raleigh, cutting your neighbor's tree without permission (even that which hangs over your property line) is a misdemeanor, and they are major tree-huggers who tried to go after the power company for cutting their trees in the right of way. Power company came back and leveled the trees ... right after the neighbor re-landscaped their yard for 'shade loving' plants. Ahhhh karma! :killingme:killingme

I know, right!?! :lol:

I love karma! :lmao:
Will we have to come build you a deck again... :mad:

That was a fence... :whistle:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That is sad. Hispaniola is a beautiful island. I've been to the D.R. and Haiti. It's amazing how two countries can share the same island and be so different.

It's all about leadership, and staying away from voodoo and witchcraft that dominates Haitian culture so much. Very sad.