115.5 KB · Views: 156
  • WU1.gif
    WU1.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 156
  • WU2.gif
    WU2.gif
    36.3 KB · Views: 164

Jeter3000

QUICK! Run to the nearest grocery store and buy ALL the toilet paper, milk, bread and eggs that you can! This always makes me wonder if people are intending on making tons of french toast?:drool:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

The storm landing North of us is STILL a problem for us horse people if we have sufficient winds to take down trees and our horses get loose from damaged fences.

You just don't get it do you? Winds that last for many hours are a lot different than a thunderstorm that rolls through in 30 minutes. Not being a horse person, I don't expect YOU to understand why WE horse people would prepare for this kind of event. We can't wait until the last minute to prepare, we prepare days in advance, so get out of the horse thread.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The storm landing North of us is STILL a problem for us horse people if we have sufficient winds to take down trees and our horses get loose from damaged fences.

You just don't get it do you? Winds that last for many hours are a lot different than a thunderstorm that rolls through in 30 minutes. Not being a horse person, I don't expect YOU to understand why WE horse people would prepare for this kind of event. We can't wait until the last minute to prepare, we prepare days in advance, so get out of the horse thread.
And just what sort of winds do you think are coming? You wait right here while I go find some wind charts for ya... :killingme

kara teoke

Not in SOMD any more

Why don't you get on your high horse and ride out of town :coffee:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Arkrescue said:

Here silly, 5% chance of winds greater than 39mph. This thing will be a post TS by the time it gets up here.

Attachments

• 115907.gif
    115907.gif
    34.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
You are implying that people with horses need this thread to figure out how to keep their horses safe. R U serious?

No, horse people typically share their ideas for how to keep their horses and other critters safe. They have done it in the past with big pending storms, and they will continue to do it. Not all horse people are seasoned and know everything.

Are you always such a drama queen? I'd think you'd get tired of stirring up crap, but apparently you must like the stench it generates.

kara teoke

Not in SOMD any more
No, horse people typically share their ideas for how to keep their horses and other critters safe. They have done it in the past with big pending storms, and they will continue to do it. Not all horse people are seasoned and know everything.

Are you always such a drama queen? I'd think you'd get tired of stirring up crap, but apparently you must like the stench it generates.

Why not just search old treads then?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Here silly, 5% chance of winds greater than 39mph. This thing will be a post TS by the time it gets up here.

MANY people disagree with you. The utility companies are already making preparations for the worst case scenario. Maybe you should tell them they are wasting their money and time?

Hank

my war

Katelin? :confused:

HorseQueen

Last year, when that one storm came through, a lady at the barn I keep my horse at gave me a really good idea. She braided a small section of her horse's mane and she braided in a string and the end of the string had her horse's name and her telephone number. It was a good idea because if the horse got out of the field, someone would hopefully be able to find her and call her owner. The barn owner always wants the horses out in the field during bad storms because we'd rather the horse be able to run away if there was a problem rather then being stuck in a barn and something bad happen.