Hurt baby zebra on I-75

I

Inkpen

Horse of a different color:

HENRY COUNTY, Ga. -- Motorists see a lot of things along I-75, but this was a horse of a different color.

Actually it wasn't a horse at all, but a baby zebra.

Morning commuters reported the animal was grazing next to the Interstate in Henry County on Tuesday.

When would-be rescuers from the Department of Natural Resources got to the scene they realized they'd need help and called in the folks from Noah's Ark, an animal rehabilitation center just down the road in Locust Grove.

Staffers retrieved the zebra and dubbed him Evidence. That's what police officers on the scene were calling him and the name stuck.

They said from his injuries it appears Evidence fell from a truck or trailer and then was hit by another vehicle. Noah's Ark veterinarian Dr. Karen Thomas checked out Evidence and found extensive injuries.

"There were more than 50 wounds on his body, including two knocked out teeth," officials at Noah's Ark said in a release.

Realizing the zebra needed emergency care he was rushed to the veterinary school at Auburn University. Doctors there discovered Evidence suffered a crushed pelvis and other internal injuries.

Auburn doctors performed surgery and Evidence is expected to recover and will have a permanent home at Noah's Ark.

If you want to contribute to a fund to help cover the $5,000 in medical expenses go to noahs-ark.org for more information.

Poor baby..and a big YAY for the vets at Auburn!!!:yahoo:

( my cousin works there :yay:)

Attachments

• zebra.jpg
    zebra.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 97

MrX

High Octane
Wow, an incredible story! Glad to hear they were able to fix him up quickly and he will fully recover :yay:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Where did it come from and how does someone not notice that they are missing a zebra?

Where did it come from and how does someone not notice that they are missing a zebra?

My thoughts exactly....didn't anyone notice once they got to their destination that they had lost a zebra??? And somebody didn't notice it fall out of the truck and then proceed to get hit?