HVAC Burp

OccamsRazor

Didn't know where else to put this so...

Every time my A/C kicks on, I get a loud "BURP" from my indoor unit. System seems to run fine but, can anyone tell me where to look or how to correct the "burping?"

limblips

Are you sure it is a burp and not a fart? Is there a smell or oily discharge? We want to help but we need all the info to properly get to the bottom of the problem.

phreddyp

Check to make sure your condensate line is clear along with the p trap. . Any water leaking from the unit? Also if you have a condensate pump make sure that it is working. Negative pressure within the unit during start up will sometimes suck the water out of the condensate line making a burping sound.

Oh almost forgot, check to make sure your filters are clean and make sure the return air inlets are unobstructed. Dirty or clogged filters or restricted returns can make negative pressure and try to suck thru the condensate line or unit housing.

Last edited:

OccamsRazor

Check to make sure your condensate line is clear along with the p trap. . Any water leaking from the unit? Also if you have a condensate pump make sure that it is working. Negative pressure within the unit during start up will sometimes suck the water out of the condensate line making a burping sound.

Oh almost forgot, check to make sure your filters are clean and make sure the return air inlets are unobstructed. Dirty or clogged filters or restricted returns can make negative pressure and try to suck thru the condensate line or unit housing.
Thank you! Appreciate the informative suggestions!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
gasx.jpeg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It could be the relay/contactor chattering, if the contacts are scorched it'll have a loud buzzing until it burns a path through it.