I’d Rather Homeschool Than Put My Kids In A Coronavirus Prison School

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It seems school days will be focused more on reminding children to keep masks on, stay six feet apart, not touch this or that, and walk on the yellow line than on learning. We should really ask ourselves whether this is truly keeping our children safe or if it’s more about adults covering themselves for a lawsuit that might not ever come.

Teachers tasked with enforcing these requirements will spend more time reminding their students to “put your mask back on properly” or “don’t hit your neighbor on the head with your mask” than they will teaching reading, writing, and math. Requiring small children to wear a mask for an entire school day is a recipe for disaster and, let’s be honest, a rule that will never actually be followed.

We know our children well, and we know that sending them to schools in environments like this, with burdensome restrictions, will not work. Meaningful learning will not occur, and I would rather homeschool my children than subject them to the prisons our schools will have to become in order to reopen.

I and other parents have taught our children how to be safe during these trying times. We have taught them how to properly wash their hands, stay home when they’re sick, cough into their elbows, and keep their distance from those who are most vulnerable, to name a few. But we are the parents, and the government isn’t.

Impractical school restrictions mark another leftist power grab to take my place as a parent, and I am here to say, “Not on my watch.” We do not need government overreach in our schools over a virus we now realize through research has very little effect on our children. And to what end? What happens when flu season begins in a few short months?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/1...n-put-my-kids-in-a-coronavirus-prison-school/

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It seems school days will be focused more on reminding children to keep masks on, stay six feet apart, not touch this or that, and walk on the yellow line than on learning. We should really ask ourselves whether this is truly keeping our children safe or if it’s more about adults covering themselves for a lawsuit that might not ever come.

Teachers tasked with enforcing these requirements will spend more time reminding their students to “put your mask back on properly” or “don’t hit your neighbor on the head with your mask” than they will teaching reading, writing, and math. Requiring small children to wear a mask for an entire school day is a recipe for disaster and, let’s be honest, a rule that will never actually be followed.

We know our children well, and we know that sending them to schools in environments like this, with burdensome restrictions, will not work. Meaningful learning will not occur, and I would rather homeschool my children than subject them to the prisons our schools will have to become in order to reopen.

I and other parents have taught our children how to be safe during these trying times. We have taught them how to properly wash their hands, stay home when they’re sick, cough into their elbows, and keep their distance from those who are most vulnerable, to name a few. But we are the parents, and the government isn’t.

Impractical school restrictions mark another leftist power grab to take my place as a parent, and I am here to say, “Not on my watch.” We do not need government overreach in our schools over a virus we now realize through research has very little effect on our children. And to what end? What happens when flu season begins in a few short months?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/1...n-put-my-kids-in-a-coronavirus-prison-school/
In the end, our kids will be much worse off if they don't go back to school. We're at a point now where when they go back, Corona will probably be a lesser worry than the other germs, viruses, and sicknesses they are going to get, and bring home.

Kid have strong immune systems because of school, and being in contact with other kids every day, every day they don't have that contact, the more vulnerable they get, the weaker their immune systems get.

Freaking out about Corona, we send our kids back to school in December and they all come home with the Flu.. and what are the mortality rates for the kids and the flu?? God knows what else they're going to catch.

That's not even discussing the mental health aspect, and the crappy education they are getting.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Saw something on the news last night where 4 Pediatricians from across the country were being interviewed. All 4 said that kids are not the ones getting sick/dying from Corona and that they would all send their kids back to school without any issue.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What this has highlighted is access to High Speed internet is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.. and this isn't an inner city issue, but rural America issue. Teachers can't ZOOM or TEAM with their classes, if ONE student doesn't have high speed internet, and are stuck on a 4G hotspot (if they even have 4G) or their parents have crappy satellite where they have to pay for every gig they use.

It's RIDICULOUS that even here, in St Mary's county, within 100 miles of DC, we have students that don't have access to high speed internet.

And Hoyer is too busy whining about Trump and playing party politics to actually solve issues that we have realized in HIS district. It will be over 6 months come September, and they have done NOTHING about it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Kid have strong immune systems because of school, and being in contact with other kids every day, every day they don't have that contact, the more vulnerable they get, the weaker their immune systems get.

We used to run in the woods, play in the dirt all day .... cuts ..... scrapes ...... bruises

herb749

There was a news story on last night about how foreign countries are handling kids that are back in school. Can we take something from it.? Sure, but the teachers union will fight it all the way.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I just look at all the social distancing the kids in the neighborhood are doing daily and think, "They'll be fine. Get them back in school."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just look at all the social distancing the kids in the neighborhood are doing daily and think, "They'll be fine. Get them back in school."
Exactly.. we went camping, the campground had closed the playgrounds to keep kids from being too close... apparently either nobody in State Gov't or nobody that works in the park has ever had kids. No playground?? No Problem.. they were playing tag, hanging out, playing basketball.. groups of 5 - 10 kids could be seen all over the park just hanging out thinking of things to do. What's funny, if the playground was open, some of them may have been on the playground and NOT hanging out in groups.

UglyBear

Ours have been in camps and classes for the last three weeks, def no social distancing crud, and we are all fine. Open them up, kids need socialization!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And before anyone says it, if the teachers and staff are worried about CV-19, then they should be the ones who should take all the extra precautions.
Replace the teachers.

I'm sure they can find some sane, non-marxist, motivated instructors to fill the ranks. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sure they can find some sane, non-marxist, motivated instructors to fill the ranks. :yay:

Doubtful. That's all they're churning out in colleges these days, and if some sane person slips through they are immediately deterred by the teacher's unions and the bureaucracy of the school system.

Hijinx

Screw the regulations and send them back to school just like they started last year.
No masks no social distancing. No fear.

Scat

What this has highlighted is access to High Speed internet is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.. and this isn't an inner city issue, but rural America issue. Teachers can't ZOOM or TEAM with their classes, if ONE student doesn't have high speed internet, and are stuck on a 4G hotspot (if they even have 4G) or their parents have crappy satellite where they have to pay for every gig they use.

It's RIDICULOUS that even here, in St Mary's county, within 100 miles of DC, we have students that don't have access to high speed internet.

And Hoyer is too busy whining about Trump and playing party politics to actually solve issues that we have realized in HIS district. It will be over 6 months come September, and they have done NOTHING about it.
yea, thats the big takeaway :crazy: A lot of Parents dont want the task of teaching their children How does your position address that issue?

herb749

And before anyone says it, if the teachers and staff are worried about CV-19, then they should be the ones who should take all the extra precautions.

Have the teachers wear masks. Aren't we being told it cuts down on getting it. If they refuse, then its all BS about wearing them.