I’m All For Feminism, But It’s Kinda Making It Harder To Date

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I consider myself a feminist, but I can’t lie—I’m starting to notice its effects on my dating life. This doesn’t change my belief in equality, I just hope that men and women can eventually learn to date in harmony because it’s pretty messy right now.

1. I’M HYPER AWARE OF EVERY SEXIST THING A GUY DOES NOW.

It doesn’t take much for me to overanalyze a guy’s intentions nowadays. I used to see a guy opening a door for me as nice and polite, but lately, gestures like this have been making me angry. I know the guys offering these acts of chivalry have no intention to make me feel small or lesser than, but now that my eyes have been opened to feminist theory, it’s all I’m able to think about.

2. GUYS ARE STARTED TO THINK WE DON’T NEED THEM ANYMORE.

Even though the feminist movement is pretty much the best thing to happen to this world since sliced bread, it’s taking its toll in the dating scene. The thing is, I’m starting to get a bit of a stand-offish vibe from guys, like they’re afraid to make a move, and I think it’s because they think that we don’t need them anymore. I’m not gonna go and cry a river for them because that’s something they’re gonna have to figure out within their own psyches. It’s just something I’ve noticed and it’s a bit of a shame.

3. SPONSORED: THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB.
  1. ONE LITTLE ANTI-FEMINIST COMMENT CAN COMPLETELY TURN ME OFF.
  2. IT’S LIKE GUYS ARE WALKING ON EGGSHELLS AROUND US.

Guys are feeling the heat and we can all tell. They’re afraid to compliment us or relate to us in the way they were always taught to and trust me, this is a good thing. However, women still like to be pursued (at least I do) and it’s unfortunate that by finally standing up for our rights and demanding respect, we’re totally scaring men away. It’s so messed up and a total shame.

6. I’VE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO ASSUME THE WORST IN MEN.
  1. THE DEBATE ON WHO SHOULD PAY HAS NEVER BEEN MORE ALIVE.
  2. I’M AFRAID OF SCARING GUYS OFF BY BEING “TOO FEMINIST.”
  3. IT’S MADE US MORE SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER THAN EVER BEFORE.
  4. EVERY FIRST DATE I GO ON, THERE’S AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.
  5. I SWEAR GUYS ARE APPROACHING ME LESS.

Is it just me or are guys doing a lot more looking around than actually approaching? Times are a little weird right now and I guess guys are afraid that the way they approach women might offend us or give us the wrong impression. I guess this is a good thing in a way because now guys have to wrack their brain and kinda figure out how to treat women with respect and see us as whole people. That’s a good thing, but it’ll be awhile until we’ll see that as a dating trend.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well.

I looked thru the pictures on that web article as I read through it. I'm just glad I'm 62 and meeting real mens. (mostly)

Men. Manly men. Not little boys raised by feminists. (mostly)

PeoplesElbow

My girl use to work at pottery barn with some kids that were 10-15 years younger. When she told one of the boys she is glad she was the age she was because boys their age didn't do a thing for her, that she'd have to be a lesbian if she were their age she said he ran off butthurt.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Op-Ed: Feminism Killed Innovation Because Men Now Have To Spend All Their Time Making Their Own Sandwiches

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it's only NYC/LA journalists who are having this problem. I keep seeing all these stories from them about how hard it is to date because of the culture they created, and yet people all across America are meeting and dating and getting married every day. Girls outside of wokester hellscapes know to smile and say thank you when a man opens the door for them or compliments them. They aren't ready to pounce angrily over every perceived offense.

Feminism didn't ruin their lives. Feminism was a necessary movement to give women equal rights/protections under the law and in society. What ruined their lives is they overdid it and didn't know when to stop. They bought into the militant lesbian Marxist line that all men are rapists and evil, and joined that cult. Girls in Des Moines IA didn't do that, so they're dating and getting married like normal people.

I'm curious how many of these sad lonely womxn have mothers who are also feminazis. As in, is it something they grew up with or did they learn to hate and fear men in college and in their nightmare urban environment?

However! I have always said that heterosexuality is God's little joke. Take these two wildly different people in temperament and thought process, throw them together and watch the chaos ensue. So who knows.....

SamSpade

I am so glad I don't date in this environment - because any woman who acted like this on a first date would find the evening cut short by an emergency and no second date or phone call. Life is too short. I did have a date like that once; surly, pissed, complained about everything - and at the end actually asked me inside. Are you kidding?

I'm perplexed by the fact that this women has created so many barriers HERSELF to let men in - and she wonders why they aren't coming in. And I do wonder what kind of man would still make it through the gauntlet of stuff, because I've a good reason to think she'd never want him.

Take these two wildly different people in temperament and thought process, throw them together and watch the chaos ensue. So who knows.....

Strange, because I see it as the opposite - without my wife, I'd be half a person. It's the differences that make us work; it's just ego that gets in the way and thinks we should be the same.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

PeoplesElbow

I think it's only NYC/LA journalists who are having this problem. I keep seeing all these stories from them about how hard it is to date because of the culture they created, and yet people all across America are meeting and dating and getting married every day. Girls outside of wokester hellscapes know to smile and say thank you when a man opens the door for them or compliments them. They aren't ready to pounce angrily over every perceived offense.

Feminism didn't ruin their lives. Feminism was a necessary movement to give women equal rights/protections under the law and in society. What ruined their lives is they overdid it and didn't know when to stop. They bought into the militant lesbian Marxist line that all men are rapists and evil, and joined that cult. Girls in Des Moines IA didn't do that, so they're dating and getting married like normal people.

I'm curious how many of these sad lonely womxn have mothers who are also feminazis. As in, is it something they grew up with or did they learn to hate and fear men in college and in their nightmare urban environment?

However! I have always said that heterosexuality is God's little joke. Take these two wildly different people in temperament and thought process, throw them together and watch the chaos ensue. So who knows.....
When I was in NYC in 2019 I noticed a lot of good looking young women with loser girly boys that looked like they would get beat up for their lunch money and heads dunked in the toilet at my HS.

I was tempted to say to one "why dont you ditch this girly boy and come have lunch with me" just to see what the reactions would have been.

rio

I was perfectly fine fixing a big breakfast, and later sandwiches for my husband and his brother the other day. The rest of the day I sat on the couch watching them sweat and cuss while installing our new doors. Heck, I even did the dishes afterward! I know my place😂