I am so proud of us!

Bluecrqbe

It happened five years ago. LOL

Wow, nice find.

Why did the tweet edit out the “technical difficulties part”? I mean I know why, to frame it a certain way, not to mention that the episode happens a half decade ago.

This is why we all get frustrated with social media, we’re always being manipulated.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Wow, nice find.

Why did the tweet edit out the “technical difficulties part”? I mean I know why, to frame it a certain way, not to mention that the episode happens a half decade ago.

This is why we all get frustrated with social media, we’re always being manipulated.
Have you watched "Social Dilemma" on Netflix? Proves your point!

Bluecrqbe

Have you watched "Social Dilemma" on Netflix? Proves your point!
I did, saw it two weeks ago. Really unsettled me, I mean we all have some idea of the impact of these sites, but the part that really hit me was where the former employees of the big tech companies either completely disallow or very much limit how much their children are online. They know how poisonous it is and they also know it’s a losing battle.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I did, saw it two weeks ago. Really unsettled me, I mean we all have some idea of the impact of these sites, but the part that really hit me was where the former employees of the big tech companies either completely disallow or very much limit how much their children are online. They know how poisonous it is and they also know it’s a losing battle.

Interesting observation.....my older son is a regional manager for Microsoft (Scandinavia) and he's very sparing in his use of any social media. He chewed me out (gently) for posting/sharing on FB some of the first pics he sent me of my new granddaughter. :doh:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Interesting observation.....my older son is a regional manager for Microsoft (Scandinavia) and he's very sparing in his use of any social media. He chewed me out (gently) for posting/sharing on FB some of the first pics he sent me of my new granddaughter. :doh:
I've found that many folks in IT, especially those in high security, tend to have very little social media presence. I'm in that catagory. Other than this forum, I have a small social footprint. No twitter, no facebook, ...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow, nice find.

I took it at face value, no context needed. An unspecified ballfield declined to play the National Anthem for an unspecified reason, and the people in the stands sang it themselves.

I don't feel manipulated at all because I didn't start off with a preconceived notion. Sometimes people just manipulate themselves by reading too much into things.

PJay

I took it at face value, no context needed. An unspecified ballfield declined to play the National Anthem for an unspecified reason, and the people in the stands sang it themselves.

I don't feel manipulated at all because I didn't start off with a preconceived notion. Sometimes people just manipulate themselves by reading too much into things.

Someone you have on ignore think it funny because you posted something that happened five years ago. What does it matter when it happened..it happened and it was nice to see it again.👍

PJay

You just gave that ignored person a woodie by pointing out what he said to Vrai. :lol:

I wish people wouldn't put people on ignore because it throws a conversation off track where people appear to be drunk.

gunsmoke

Oh no you don't, you monumental hypocrite.

YOU are on of the most clueless people on here because the ONLY place you get your news is from twitter and facebook. You claim every real news source is fake. You claim anyone who believes anything on the real news is just a toadie. Yet, you posted this BS as if it is current. EVERY warning sign is there that it was BS. But, because it fits a political viewpoint that now completely defines who you are, you ignored it.

No you don't....you don't get to claim that you weren't manipulated.

You read Trump's books and thought they were real.

You read facebook and twitter posts and think they are real.

You re-posted this video as if it is current, even went so far to title you post "So proud of us"...yet you weren't there

No Vrai, you must own your gullibility, your naivete and your ignorance.

pontificator

Liar.