I am so proud of us!

pontificator

When I watched I became angry and frustrated, thinking “so is this where we are now? The national anthem is too controversial to play?”

But then my heart filled with pride when the audience started singing together, and made me think “they can only push us so far, we will stand for what’s right”.

Then I felt like a fool after seeing the news article and the full clip. I was manipulated because right now I feel that there is tension when the national anthem is played at sporting events and people are protesting the anthem!

I don’t know the intentions of that person on Twitter manipulating a 5 year old clip with no context and it going viral, but I don’t think it’s to bring us closer together.

Yes, this is what propaganda looks like in 2020. You're light years ahead of BoardKaren; she's not even able to tie her own shoes yet!

PsyOps

Pixelated
When I watched I became angry and frustrated, thinking “so is this where we are now? The national anthem is too controversial to play?”

But then my heart filled with pride when the audience started singing together, and made me think “they can only push us so far, we will stand for what’s right”.

Then I felt like a fool after seeing the news article and the full clip. I was manipulated because right now I feel that there is tension when the national anthem is played at sporting events and people are protesting the anthem!

I don’t know the intentions of that person on Twitter manipulating a 5 year old clip with no context and it going viral, but I don’t think it’s to bring us closer together.

Well, feeling manipulated is on you. The point is, there is a concerted effort, everywhere, to silent certain forms of speech. Playing the National Anthem is one. Regardless of whether the PA system broke and they couldn't play it (which could have been a lie BTW), the people took control of the situation and sang it out. This needs to happen more often. There are too many venues that are refusing to play it because, for some bizarre reason, the National Anthem offends some people.

I feel this story is more about that than the more specific context of the video. Regardless of that context, I am proud that those folks saw it important enough to them to sing it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well he failed with me because I didn't really think of it in context with what's happening with the Left today. I didn't think, "You dicks :mad: ", I thought, "Oh how nice!" Perhaps it was in the back of my mind that this was some progbot protest, but it wasn't a real thought until I read the comments on here.

I frankly admit that I frequently take things at face value and my friends who mock me for "Relax" and "Afternoon Delight" will attest to that. :lol: