I am so thankful

hotcoffee

I am so thankful that my daughter graduated from the health training at Calvert Career Center. I am so thankful that program exists.

Recently I spent 3 days in the hospital... a little complication from the cancer surgery... seroma.... I would have had to get a home health nurse to come by twice a day.

But... since my daughter is such a loving, caring, talented, responsible person.... she is caring for me.... she is doing what the home health nurse would do.....

I am so thankful for my daughter and her training....

My daughter is a GNA/CNA.... I am so lucky...

:coffee:

dontknowwhy

you are lucky!! I just hope & pray my dad never falls ill & has to rely on the skills of others...

he taught me how to castrate & slaughter livestock

hotcoffee

you are lucky!! I just hope & pray my dad never falls ill & has to rely on the skills of others...

he taught me how to castrate & slaughter livestock

Oh my....

My daughter worked at Solomon's Nursing Home for a couple years. When she fell sick with Ovarian Cancer... she hurried back to her residents... only to have one of them slug her in the stomach....

Then after she was almost healed from that she was in that auto wreck in front of the liquor store up there in Prince Frederick... you know the one with the flying truck that hit her car and then bounced on another car killing that person. She hurried back to her residents but she was showing a lot of signs of fatigue from all that.... they let her go.... it's a real shame... her residents loved her....

Now she has an application in at another nursing home because she loves caring for people.... she's all rested and repaired now.... I'm so happy she will be getting back to doing what she loves so much....

I even happier she is here to help me.... I'm healing so well with her help.

mamatutu

mama to two
Oh my....

My daughter worked at Solomon's Nursing Home for a couple years. When she fell sick with Ovarian Cancer... she hurried back to her residents... only to have one of them slug her in the stomach....

Then after she was almost healed from that she was in that auto wreck in front of the liquor store up there in Prince Frederick... you know the one with the flying truck that hit her car and then bounced on another car killing that person. She hurried back to her residents but she was showing a lot of signs of fatigue from all that.... they let her go.... it's a real shame... her residents loved her....

Now she has an application in at another nursing home because she loves caring for people.... she's all rested and repaired now.... I'm so happy she will be getting back to doing what she loves so much....

I even happier she is here to help me.... I'm healing so well with her help.

Sounds like Solomon's Nursing Home lost a great caregiver. Everything happens for a reason, and, now she can be with you while you heal, and need her care. I bet she loves taking care of you, too! :smile:

hotcoffee

Sounds like Solomon's Nursing Home lost a great caregiver. Everything happens for a reason, and, now she can be with you while you heal, and need her care. I bet she loves taking care of you, too! :smile:

She's really good at it too....

I hope that Dr. Obias will write a little letter of recommendation based on how good the wound is healing due to her care. They wanted me to bring in a home health nurse.... I told them Dani could do it for me.... I'm so lucky to have her here.

When I had Lyme disease, I had to have a central line.... a port in my chest. Dani took care of that for me too. When I went to the outpatient surgery unit at CMH to have it removed... everyone was making a big deal out of how clean and well healed it was. They said she really did a great job.

I'm so proud of her.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Recently I spent 3 days in the hospital... a little complication from the cancer surgery... seroma.... I would have had to get a home health nurse to come by twice a day.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've experienced an encapsulated seroma and ended up with two drains for a couple months. I'm glad your daughter is able to care for you, and I hope the seroma clears up quickly. :huggy:

hotcoffee

For those who are still following this.... I'm going to the doctor again tomorrow and I'm also getting a blood test to check for HNPCC.... Lynch Syndrome.

Here's a link to What's Next. It seems to be a good source for information.

ZARA

When I was 19 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 4 while I was pregnant. The docs could not do anything for nine months because treatment might cause severe defects to my unborn child. I could have aborted to save my life, but being pregnant was a miracle in itself, and I was not going to throw that gift away. So I waited until my son was born. Then I endured the treatments, which lasted 3 years, and I survived. I never once became sad or depressed about it, it was just another obstacle for me to conquer. It was all so surreal that the possibility of death never really touched me. I am a natural born fighter, so fight it is what I did. I am now 37, still cancer free, and a proud mom of a wonderful, intelligent, independent, head strong, smartarse 17 year old. (LOL)

My moral of this story- No matter what life throws your way, take it in stride, one day at a time, and know that in the end, you will come out on top because you choose to, because you worked for it, and because fear, self pity, and failure are NEVER viable options.

I will keep you in my heart of hearts. You keep strong.