I am Sure Lt. Gen. Stephen Whiting Actions Will Be Deemed Partisan To Get Ride Of Him

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Space Force officer relieved of post after denouncing Marxist ideology and critical race theory in military: Report

"Lt. Gen. Stephen Whiting, Space Operations Command commander, relieved Lt. Col. Matthew Lohmeier of command of the 11th Space Warning Squadron, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, May 14, due to loss of trust and confidence in his ability to lead," the Space Force said in a statement to the Washington Examiner.

"This decision was based on public comments made by Lt. Col. Lohmeier in a recent podcast. Lt. Gen. Whiting has initiated a Command Directed Investigation (CDI) on whether these comments constituted prohibited partisan political activity."

[clip]

"My intent never has been to engage in partisan politics. I have written a book about a particular political ideology (Marxism) in the hope that our Defense Department might return to being politically nonpartisan in the future as it has honorably done throughout history," he told Military.com.

@Yooper

Hijinx

Toe the line or hit the road.
Our military has cost us the good services of many fine officers who were career military but politics got in their way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm old enough to remember when people said that the US military would never obey illegal orders and turn against the citizens. I'm guessing they didn't anticipate Marxists taking over the military leadership like they took over the schools and universities.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm old enough to remember when people said that the US military would never obey illegal orders and turn against the citizens. I'm guessing they didn't anticipate Marxists taking over the military leadership like they took over the schools and universities.

PS, this also explains why they want to fill their ranks with fellow Marxists. American men and women may balk at firing on their own communities, but the wokesters are all in on it.

Reactions: BOP

glhs837

Power with Control
Toe the line or hit the road.
Our military has cost us the good services of many fine officers who were career military but politics got in their way.

Keep your pie hole shut to the press when you are serving. Covered in early training and reiterated constantly. NEVER talk to the press unless cleared by your command. Pretty simple rules.

Hijinx

I have said from the beginning the military and police would do as they are told to do.

Reactions: TPD

black dog

Free America
Only in the liberial run citys, in small town America it will never happen.

I also find its interesting how some can live in these liberial sh!thole city's and States think the rest of the country is the same way...
What a crappy way to go through life, oh you cant do that here, you cant own that here, oh my god you put fertilizer down in the late fall.... F that....

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm fairly certain that everything Lohmeier wrote probably hits the mark (or comes relatively close). However true that may be I can see why he was relieved.

From the Examiner article:
Lohmeier self-published Irresistible Revolution: Marxism's Goal of Conquest & the Unmaking of the American Military this week. The book, according to the description, explores the “impact of a neo-Marxist agenda” and the manner in which the “Black Lives Matter movement, anti-racism, postmodernism, [and] political correctness” affect the national security of the United States.

Lohmeier said that he had informed his superiors, public affairs staff, and lawyers for the military about the book prior to publication, but it was not subject to a pre-publication review.

Department of Defense Directive 1344.10 prohibits active-duty personnel from engaging in “partisan political activities.” Service members are, however, permitted to express their personal opinions on political candidates and issues in their personal capacity and when not in uniform. Lohmeier denied intending to participate in partisan politics.

"My intent never has been to engage in partisan politics. I have written a book about a particular political ideology (Marxism) in the hope that our Defense Department might return to being politically nonpartisan in the future as it has honorably done throughout history," he told Military.com.

The Air Force Academy graduate appeared on the podcast Information Operation last week to publicize the book, in which he criticized Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s diversity and inclusion “agenda.”

"I don't demonize the man, but I want to make it clear to both him and every service member this agenda — it will divide us. It will not unify us, " Lohmeier said.

This section of the article (from "self-published" to "demonize") tells the reader exactly why he was relieved "due to loss of trust and confidence ." Even if I found myself 100% in agreement with Lohmeier I would have relieved him, too.

If Lohmeier had intended to remain in the military there was a better way, but Lohmeier didn't choose it. So A for effort, F for judgment. Unless, of course, he had a different objective in mind. Then A for both effort and judgment.

In many respects, from what I've been able to read of the story this comes across as the mirror image of the Vindman episode (albeit with much less national attention and with it being framed differently by the MSM). And in the end, from a professional officer's perspective I don't like what either did. In both cases there was a better way and in both cases neither officer chose to pursue it.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also find its interesting how some can live in these liberial sh!thole city's and States think the rest of the country is the same way...

THANK YOU!! I keep saying that and getting ignored.

The media people are based in NYC and LA, some in Chicago, but their environment is a metropolitan chit hole. And since they never leave their environment, that's all they know and all they think there is, so that's all they write and report about. Everything else (99.5% of America) is "flyover".

BernieP

Resident PIA
I feel you may be correct. We see police officers enforcing non-laws. This started in the Obama administration, political plants in the ranks of institutions that use to be apolitical. Literally every swinging dick was using their position to dig up dirt on Trump.