"I am the Chosen One"

transporter

Wow...you all still want to claim this guy isn't whack a mole nuts??

You all still want to claim you aren't part of a cult???

Chris0nllyn

The "chosen one" line was clearly a joke.

What should be more scary is his belief that "this is not my trade war"?

Chris0nllyn

It's not his trade war in the same sense that "you didn't build that".

Except, it is his trade war. He imposed tariffs via Executive Order. this falls squarely on his shoulders.

Here's his own statement on the steel/aluminum tariffs.
In the exercise of these authorities, I have decided to adjust the imports of steel articles by imposing a 25 percent ad valorem tariff on steel articles, as defined below, imported from all countries except Canada and Mexico.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...mation-adjusting-imports-steel-united-states/

And remember...
trade wars are good, and easy to win

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Wow...you all still want to claim this guy isn't whack a mole nuts??

You all still want to claim you aren't part of a cult???
Oh please. You now no longer get even a scintilla of credibility if you can't understand this.

This isn't hyperbole, this isn't messianic delusion, this isn't "whack a mole nuts," this is a President being presidential. Absolutely along the same lines as Lincoln or FDR or whomever when a situation NOT of their choosing was thrust upon them. Want to argue that the situation was of their choosing (in part or in full), then fire away. Otherwise, this post of yours is just silly. And that's giving it too much credit.

But it's not a complete loss. Whatever credibility you lost was offset by gaining full credit for silly trolling. So, winning!

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

He started it, therefore it is his? Or, he’s the only one to fight back in a meaningful way?

No, he imposed the tariffs. Therefore it is his.

"fighting back", the validity of tariffs working, China's issues, etc. are all legitimate concerns and something he wants to see fixed. His solution is tariffs and solely come from him.

This_person

"fighting back", the validity of tariffs working, China's issues, etc. are all legitimate concerns and something he wants to see fixed. His solution is tariffs and solely come from him.
My point is that we were already in a trade war before he took office. We were just fighting to limit damages instead of to end the war

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Except, it is his trade war. He imposed tariffs via Executive Order. this falls squarely on his shoulders.

Here's his own statement on the steel/aluminum tariffs.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...mation-adjusting-imports-steel-united-states/

And remember...

Chris, c'mon. This view is technically correct, but also very limited in scope. The tariffs may be a "problem," but they are part of a much bigger, much older problem.

I'm in agreement with TP:
My point is that we were already in a trade war before he took office. We were just fighting to limit damages instead of to end the war

--- End of line (MCP)

Clem72

Chris, c'mon. This view is technically correct, but also very limited in scope. The tariffs may be a "problem," but they are part of a much bigger, much older problem.

I'm in agreement with TP:

--- End of line (MCP)

I have yet to hear an explanation of why it's horrible for the US to have tariffs, but completely appropriate for just about every other country?

This_person

I have yet to hear an explanation of why it's horrible for the US to have tariffs, but completely appropriate for just about every other country?
Because, they say, no other president did it, and it hurts us (for a while). Of course, the trade wars waged on us we were not fighting back on hurt us, too, but they don't care because Orangemanbad.

Reactions: BOP

Chris0nllyn

Chris seems to be when he says that the trade war is Trump's, not the other countries that were attacking us before he took office fault.

It's Trump's because he imposed the tariffs unilaterally via EO, in accordance with the law that states the President may impose tariffs.

The level of tit-for-tat tariffs, the crony exclusion process, tariffs upwards of 25%, etc. is not what we had before. Those are the direct result of Trump believing he could fix a hole in the wall with a sledgehammer.

But hey, "trade wars are good and easy to win". Should be over soon.

No one is arguing "why it's horrible for the US to have tariffs", as I said.