I bought a scale.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Don't be discouraged. You have to start somewhere. Your other thread about running was very informative, and members gave a lot of advice, and shared their experiences. Some said don't use that scale too much, and I agree. Don't lose your motivation! :smile:

BlueBird

Don't be discouraged. You have to start somewhere. Your other thread about running was very informative, and members gave a lot of advice, and shared their experiences. Some said don't use that scale too much, and I agree. Don't lose your motivation! :smile:

There is a ton of good advice in my run thread. I've been using the calorie counter website that chicken linked to and it's great. My goal is to lose weight, eat healthier and improve my cardio vascular health. I'm overweight so it was imperative that I purchase a scale to monitor my progress. I'll weigh myself every 7 days so I can track my results and adjust my diet as I need to.

There is a ton of good advice in my run thread. I've been using the calorie counter website that chicken linked to and it's great. My goal is to lose weight, eat healthier and improve my cardio vascular health. I'm overweight so it was imperative that I purchase a scale to monitor my progress. I'll weigh myself every 7 days so I can track my results and adjust my diet as I need to.
I weigh myself every morning, but just to see where I am, to watch trends. I don't get upset if I go up or down a few pounds daily, most of the time it's just water weight changes.

Like this morning... up a few pounds, but I know it's because I've been eating badly and have been less active because of the body aches.

Roman

The best time to weigh yourself is first thing in the morning, after you've used the bathroom, and before eating or drinking anything, and naked. The scale should be on a hard floor, no carpeting.