I can't believe we needed this law ...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Sale of children: HB481 — The sale of a minor will be reclassified to a felony offense. Under current Maryland criminal code, the trade, barter or sale of a child for money or something of monetary value is a misdemeanor offense with penalties not to exceed a fine of up to $10,000 and/or five years incarceration. ––Hannah Gaskill

If I had known it was only a misdemeanor previously I would have sold my kids to get out of paying for college. :doh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It makes you wonder what the hell these people do that it took them so long to criminalizing child trafficking.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It makes you wonder what the hell these people do that it took them so long to criminalizing child trafficking.

Democrat run state.

They didn't want it to interfere with multiculturalism/diversity.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Rats. Had a nice little side business going there.
I dont' think you were on the up and up though....

Aliya doens't look 16...

This_person

Was this aimed at making it more difficult to have kids for the purposes of putting them up for adoption? Or, to at least sell your kid into an adoptive family?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Says you can't sell them... Is there anything on the books about renting them out?

I seem to remember my labors being promised to neighbors needing yardwork without my consent!

transporter

Wow...WTF is wrong with you people??? Can't ANY of you read????

Spitbubble....child trafficking IS a crime in MD.

WTF don't you understand about what this bill does?

All it does is change the category of the crime from misdemeanor to felony. That is clearly stated in the first sentence. The word "reclassified" kinda gives you a hint. The penalty was and still is max of $10k fine and/or 5 years in jail. The word "currently" also is a pretty big hint.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Wow...WTF is wrong with you people??? Can't ANY of you read????

Spitbubble....child trafficking IS a crime in MD.

WTF don't you understand about what this bill does?

All it does is change the category of the crime from misdemeanor to felony. That is clearly stated in the first sentence. The word "reclassified" kinda gives you a hint. The penalty was and still is max of $10k fine and/or 5 years in jail. The word "currently" also is a pretty big hint.
Uhhhh Tranny? Everything is legal only until you are caught.

Last edited:

Hijinx

If it's like everything else the Democrats do there is a loophole there so they & their friends can still sell them.