I could use some advice / help please

Nanny Pam

The door on my computers CD rom drive, keeps going open and shut all by itself. I have a ton on music downloaded the now I can't burn it since it opens & closes all the time. How do I fix that. Please help.
TIA :jameo:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Is it stuck on something? Did something get stuck inside the drive? Maybe you just have a ghost messing with you... :shrug: :lol:

Nanny Pam

Nope the little door opens all by itsels and the tray for the CD comes out to collect the CD and nothing happens when you push it closed. :shrug: in 2 or3 seconds it pops open again. WFT :confused:?

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmm, that is a symptom of some viruses/malwares. What do you run for security, and have there been any other odd things?

PrepH4U

The door on my computers CD rom drive, keeps going open and shut all by itself. I have a ton on music downloaded the now I can't burn it since it opens & closes all the time. How do I fix that. Please help.

If you used it as a drink holder sometimes the liquid splashing can eff it up.
OR maybe it is your flux capacitor :shrug:

krate

Nope the little door opens all by itsels and the tray for the CD comes out to collect the CD and nothing happens when you push it closed. :shrug: in 2 or3 seconds it pops open again. WFT :confused:?

It sounds like the eject button is stuck. Try pushing the button in and pop it out when you let it go. Can of anti-static air could clean it up and get it in working order.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Does it do it constantly while the computer is on or just when you try to load a CD to burn?

You might be trying to record over a used CD or you might be trying the load a DVD when the program is asking for a CD

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Would you like it in? Or out?

You may choose only one but, the fix is the same.

:evil:

FED_UP

Could be a driver issue, try to uninstall that driver and download another one of the internet.

merc669

I had something similier and it turned out to be the drivers for my sound card. When the new set installed it did not fully delete the old set. So there was a conflict. Once old set was removed the problem stopped also. Then I read the instructions which said to do that to begin with...Anyways, might be something to look at...

Bill....

DEEKAYPEE8569

If you don't have a current version of your malware programs, start there.
If they are current, update all of them first and run them. Each seperately.

I always had AVG Anti-virus, Adaware and Spybot. I would update them and run them frequently.

If THAT doesn't fix the problem, you might just have to re-install the CD ROM drivers.

Hope you created a back-up set of CD's when you first turned on your computer. The CD drivers would be on those CD's.