I don't have a clue!

seekeroftruth

Mark 8:14 The disciples had forgotten to bring bread, except for one loaf they had with them in the boat. 15 “Be careful,” Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.”
16 They discussed this with one another and said, “It is because we have no bread.”
17 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? 18 Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”
“Twelve,” they replied.
20 “And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”
They answered, “Seven.”
21 He said to them, “Do you still not understand?
Well, I got the number of baskets wrong yesterday. It was twelve baskets when they split up the little boy's lunch for 5,000. It was only seven baskets yesterday. But hey.... Seven is a perfect number. It's still a sign.

Now on today. I don't have a clue.

There will be people in the church who will lie to you. They will smile and lie right to your face. They will tell you all kinds of crap about what the Bible means.... but they are telling you lies. they are interpreting to their agenda. It's a fact.

There will be people in the church who are so tied to old traditions, they lost their salvation. They are so drilled on what song should be sung how, and when to pass the hat, and how people should behave in the parking lot, that they don't hear the Word anymore. They are sure a recording deal is just around the corner if they sing on key today. They are so busy tending to the church; they might be advised to tie a rope around their waists so they can be drug out and drug home like the dead priests who had to be drug out of the Holy of Holys. But they never hear the message because the dust on the pew has them so distracted.

There will be people in the church who have been there forever and forever and forever, but they still don't understand. The other people in the church think they are the godliest people because of all the Sundays they have done their due diligence in the pew. They have memorized every pertinent quotable verse and they have studied, in depth, when it would be appropriate to show off that knowledge. Then on the way home from church they will flip off the guy in the next car, cuss the neighbor's kid, and beat their wives because they sang off key in church this morning.... oh and "get the dog out of the way I'm trying to watch what's left of the game after you insisted on talking to everyone while I waited in the car" as well as other human crap. "Hand me a frickin beer"

There are wolves in the church. They are drawn by the flock. They heard there is a collection of funds and not a penny is to be spent without the tiniest profit going back into their pockets. They are there to be seen.... as one of the flock. Theses wolves look like sheep. These wolves smell like sheep. These wolves smile and pat your back like sheep.... but they are still wolves drawn by the innocence of the flock. They are drawn by the collection plate and the lucrative business they can drum up by putting "Agape" somewhere on their stationary.

Just like yeast.... exploding in a warm sugary dough.... their numbers keep growing. Mark [known as John Mark in the Book of Acts, and author of this Gospel] must have seen the yeast starting when he was working with Paul and Barnabus after Jesus ascended. We saw the yeast working when the mask debates roared through the church. We see it today as local politicians will duff their best hat and clasp your hand Sunday, hoping you will remember on Tuesday.

I've gotten quite puffed up myself at times.

I don't have a clue.

:coffee: