i dont wanna go!!!

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i went to 4h state horse judging contest today... came home with a burnt nose and a 7th place ribbon... 7th best senior score in the sate of md. Cool and all but the top 10 people( in each division) are supposed to be the md 4h horse judging team one for each division (jr, intermediate(sp?), senior)... and i'm supposed to be on the senior one, and we're supposed to go to kentucky for the national contest... sometime. But i really don't wanna go... the trips payed full way and all but... I dont even see how i placed so high, with all those smart nothern counties winning everything... hmm :jameo: but i have to go to meetings once a week, blah, i'm not THAT commeted to horse judging.

W

WhoCares

I thought you were going to say you didn't want to show tomorrow.

Flare going to barrel race?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Go....short story..in 1981 I had a yearlilng I used for local tryouts for the state fair (I forget even what it was called) I got 1st locally and Bobby Lindsey told me to go to the finals in MD (Timonium) it would be good for experience for my yearling (It was grooming and showmanship and we had to do most of the work in the ring we figured a yearling would NEVER stand for it) Anyway I went and WON the huge class for the whole state..GO you never know what will happen...good luck..

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
WhoCares said:
I thought you were going to say you didn't want to show tomorrow.

Flare going to barrel race?
no its too hot tomorrow, and we have hss monday so i dont want her to be wore down by thursday... so im giving people a chance to win! :lmao: but i already do that when i knock one down...
What horse do you ride?

W

WhoCares

flarenuphope said:
no its too hot tomorrow, and we have hss monday so i dont want her to be wore down by thursday... so im giving people a chance to win! :lmao: but i already do that when i knock one down...
What horse do you ride?

Pm'ing you that information.

I will be there. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
flarenuphope said:
i went to 4h state horse judging contest today... came home with a burnt nose and a 7th place ribbon... 7th best senior score in the sate of md. Cool and all but the top 10 people( in each division) are supposed to be the md 4h horse judging team one for each division (jr, intermediate(sp?), senior)... and i'm supposed to be on the senior one, and we're supposed to go to kentucky for the national contest... sometime. But i really don't wanna go... the trips payed full way and all but... I dont even see how i placed so high, with all those smart nothern counties winning everything... hmm :jameo: but i have to go to meetings once a week, blah, i'm not THAT commeted to horse judging.

Flare you should definately go to Kentucky. If it is in Lexington KY it is great. I was on a MD Sr. team back in the 80's (oops I'm showing my age) :lmao: . We left a week early and stopped at many different farms on the way down to practice. Some of the farms we went to judge at were fantastic!!!. Unfortunately our coach (Dr. Goodwin I think) wasn't the best driver in the world. :jameo: Trust me it would be nice to place, but go for the experience I don't think you will be dissapointed. :yay:

covekat

Kentucky is beautiful, Lexington is awesome... if you have the chance to go, GO!!! Just to get the experience would be worth it, seeing that is already paid for!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
covekat said:
Kentucky is beautiful, Lexington is awesome... if you have the chance to go, GO!!! Just to get the experience would be worth it, seeing that is already paid for!

I worked the Kennington TB sale one year..it was cold as shiat..

SLIM

flarenuphope said:
:howdy: Why not give it a shot?! Certainly I'm sure you don''t have to go if you don't want to but you may not get another chance. It may come back to 'haunt' you later on because you didn't go! I think you should go! :larry:

covekat

Pasofever said:
I worked the Kennington TB sale one year..it was cold as shiat..

Paso, do you mean Keenland? Dont think I've heard of Kennington... was that in Lexington? I only know of Fasig Tipton and Keenland...

fredsaid2

Like everyone else has said...you should go! Think of it as supporting your state, your team and a wonderful learning opportunity. What horsie person wouldn't want to go to KY??? Congratulations! Make the decision to go, have a GREAT trip and tell us all about it when you get back! :smile: