I found a new toy

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
for my get list:

Beretta A400 Unico
I went duck hunting this weekend for the first time and I was using a loaner Extrema 2 that was sweet as hell to shoot, I can just imagine how nice the A400 would be using Beretta's "Kick Off" recoil system.

I may be hooked on waterfowling.

Deprecated Browser Error

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I duck hunted for decades and grew away from it after the divorce. Next year I'm starting again. I love it.

Pete

Repete
I duck hunted for decades and grew away from it after the divorce. Next year I'm starting again. I love it.

I haven't in years but up in Maine I loved it. I should get back into it too. The ducks are safe because I can't hit them but it is fun. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I haven't in years but up in Maine I loved it. I should get back into it too. The ducks are safe because I can't hit them but it is fun. :lol:
We always had a blast (pun intended). I have a buddy on FB who posts pics every week of their trips.

Reloaded our own shells back when lead was still legal. Had a recipe that would consistently knock em down at 50 - 60 yards. 1.5 oz. #5 and I forget how many grains of blue dot.

You have a lot of sea ducks up there right? Eiders and Scoters?

Pete

Repete
We always had a blast (pun intended). I have a buddy on FB who posts pics every week of their trips.

Reloaded our own shells back when lead was still legal. Had a recipe that would consistently knock em down at 50 - 60 yards. 1.5 oz. #5 and I forget how many grains of blue dot.

You have a lot of sea ducks up there right? Eiders and Scoters?

Yea but avoided shooting sea ducks. We would go up just past Merrymeeting Bay, blacks, mallards, teals, wood were abundant.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
for my get list:

Beretta A400 Unico
I went duck hunting this weekend for the first time and I was using a loaner Extrema 2 that was sweet as hell to shoot, I can just imagine how nice the A400 would be using Beretta's "Kick Off" recoil system.

I may be hooked on waterfowling.

Deprecated Browser Error

Before you drop close to 2 large on a shotgun you need to look around at some others to make sure.

Browning Silver and Maxus are both worth a look as is the Winchester SX3. I've shot all three of them and all are quality.

The Remington Versa Max should also get a look but I've never shot one.

Browning is re-introducing the Auto-5 this Spring using a short recoil action.

Shotguns - Centerfire Rifles - Rimfire Rifles - Hunting Rifles - Remington Guns

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/finder.asp?bg=x

Super X3 -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Family

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Before you drop close to 2 large on a shotgun you need to look around at some others to make sure.

Browning Silver and Maxus are both worth a look as is the Winchester SX3. I've shot all three of them and all are quality.

The Remington Versa Max should also get a look but I've never shot one.

Browning is re-introducing the Auto-5 this Spring using a short recoil action.

Shotguns - Centerfire Rifles - Rimfire Rifles - Hunting Rifles - Remington Guns

Browning Firearms Finder

Super X3 -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Family

Versa Max is definitely on my "No way in hell" list. A friend of a friend had one pretty much blow apart in his hands after a little over 100 rounds. I won't be paying close to 2 large OR even retail for any new gun I may purchase.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yea sea ducks aren't very good table fare.
I've only had duck twice in my life, the first time it was fishy and I was told years later it was because of the type of duck it was. The second time I bought a duck breast and pan fried it, it turned out tough and stringy. I'd like to find a local place that has it so I can see if it is something I might like or not.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Browning is re-introducing the Auto-5 this Spring using a short recoil action.]

An older Browning A-5 is my bird gun of choice; I've owned it for a long time and have never felt the 'need' to buy anything else although the Berettas sure are sweet.

thatguy

Versa Max is definitely on my "No way in hell" list. A friend of a friend had one pretty much blow apart in his hands after a little over 100 rounds. I won't be paying close to 2 large OR even retail for any new gun I may purchase.

my vote is for the Xtrema II. I got mine about 2 seasons ago on sale with a mail in voucher for the kick off at about 1300. Fires all loads with no problem and you barely feel the 3-1/2 mags even though the gun is extremely light. the only drawback i have heard is that the patterns tend to be tighter up close. I like to use a mod choke and with htat i can kill just about anything out to 45 yards, any further and the steel just doesn't cut it.

edinsomd

I've only had duck twice in my life, the first time it was fishy and I was told years later it was because of the type of duck it was. The second time I bought a duck breast and pan fried it, it turned out tough and stringy. I'd like to find a local place that has it so I can see if it is something I might like or not.

You over-cooked it. Duck breast is very lean dark meat, so either a quick hot sear or a long slow braise is the way to go.

Now I'm all hungry....