I give up, why do people behave this way?

steppinthrax

So I've lived in Calvert County for about 9 years now. I'm originally from Baltimore. One thing I can't get adjusted too is the personality of people that live down here. Their behavior seems very naive and overly nice sometimes. It sometimes feels that many walked off the stage of the brady bunch. Some have a very limited view of the world, which consist of just Calvert County. I was talking to a parent from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to work with them.

Is this a "suburb" behavior or maybe a "country" type of behavior?

frequentflier

happy to be living
So I've lived in Calvert County for about 9 years now. I'm originally from Baltimore. One thing I can't get adjusted too is the personality of people that live down here. Their behavior seems very naive and overly nice sometimes. It sometimes feels that many walked off the stage of the brady bunch. Some have a very limited view of the world, which consist of just Calvert County. I was talking to a parent from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to work with them.

Is this a "suburb" behavior or maybe a "country" type of behavior?
You are complaining that people are overly nice?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've lived in Calvert County for 15 years. What do you mean by entitled and overly naive? (or "country"?)

Could it be that you have the entitled, "metropolitan" type of mentality in that since you are from the "big city" - you are more worldly and knowledgeable and everyone down in Calvert County is a "hick" or "hayseed"?

Last edited:

officeguy

You move to the country and then you complain that country folk have a different perspective on things. That's like moving to the country and then call MDE when a farmer spreads manure.

Yeah, it's you.

CPUSA

First, they didn't like us country folk because we handled chit, kept to ourselves, & dumped the bodies in the wetlands around here.
Now it's because we're too nice & not dumping the bodies anymore...

Here's a novel idea Steppin...go back to B'more where life was so much better for you...

gemma_rae

So I've lived in Calvert County for about 9 years now. I'm originally from Baltimore. One thing I can't get adjusted too is the white people that live down here. Their behavior seems very naive and because they think Trump is a good president and are not afraid to say so. It sometimes feels that many walked off the stage of the brady bunch and not Moesha. Some have a very limited view of the world because they must if they don't believe Don Lemon. I was talking to a sista from Annapolis who know this area and she said that many down here behave "entitled" and it makes it difficult when trying to put whitey in his place.

Is this a "cracker" behavior or maybe a "casper" type of behavior?
I made a few edits to clarify the true meaning of the OP.

Last edited:

steppinthrax

I made a few edits to clarify the true meaning of the OP.

:D:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

This is funny man... I didn't bring politics into this. But, I'm not a democrat. I also don't come across many who discuss politics. I didn't vote for DT, but I don't like the way he's being treated. If that somehow improves your opinion...

steppinthrax

Usually it's the ones that move into Calvert that want to be entitled. They want everything that they had in the city out here in the country.
You mean the existing group that complain about the Master Plan and Comprehensive plan because it's making Calvert less country? LOL