i got a new video of me riding...

I

Inkpen

Agreeded..Heels Down, Toes In...and your hands are bouncing all over the place...steady them!!!!
Your posture is very good!!
Nice canter at the end...:buddies:

Mojo

Agreeded..Heels Down, Toes In...and your hands are bouncing all over the place...steady them!!!!
Your posture is very good!!
Nice canter at the end...:buddies:

How about adding some positive comments :buttkick: Some young horselady is proud of her video and you have to come in here with typical BS. I hope a feral cat gives you HPV.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
How about adding some positive comments :buttkick: Some young horselady is proud of her video and you have to come in here with typical BS. I hope a feral cat gives you HPV.

Except for the "hands all over the place" part those are positive comments with some pretty darn standard constructive criticisim. :buddies:

Last edited:
I

Inkpen

Hojo the Ho....what do you know about riding English seat?
All comments were justified....and she is learning!!!
She could have kept her hand in a tighter zone over the withers.
But again, what do you know....

Are you Vria's new MPD?

jumpergirl976

thanks for all the comments and yes i have problems with my heels but there getting better there now level when i go over jumps so thats some improvement =]

I

Inkpen

thanks for all the comments and yes i have problems with my heels but there getting better there now level when i go over jumps so thats some improvement =]

Good for you for working on those heels..not easy.. I know.
You posture is very nice..a nice straight line!!
keep up the great work!!! :howdy:

spellbound

I recommend getting some private lessons so your instructor can focus on helping you control your body more.

jumpergirl976

i used to get private lessons when i frist started riding but now that im at this place its kinda hard to get those cause theres so many people there

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
It takes practice getting those heels down, and to stay down. I did a face plant a few weeks ago that made me start keeping my heels down. (But they still come up :whistle:)

jumpergirl976

It takes practice getting those heels down, and to stay down. I did a face plant a few weeks ago that made me start keeping my heels down. (But they still come up :whistle:)

yeah my heels are the wrost thing i think its the only thing keeping me from doing more then what i do if my heels were done i would prob. be jumping higher and everything even tho when i jump higher my heels get better

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Question from a person who knows nothing about riding horses.

What purpose does the heels down thing serve? Is it just something that judges look for when doing competitions? Or does it actually serve some purpose, like stablity?

Just curious.

jumpergirl976, Video looks great from here. Good stuff :yay:

fredsaid2

Question from a person who knows nothing about riding horses.

What purpose does the heels down thing serve? Is it just something that judges look for when doing competitions? Or does it actually serve some purpose, like stablity?

Just curious.

jumpergirl976, Video looks great from here. Good stuff :yay:

Form follows function. Weighting your heels anchors your position in the saddle. You want your shoulders, hip and heel to form an imaginary vertical line w/ the heels being the lowest point. When your heels come up your body generally tips forward putting you in front of the motion and in danger of falling off. Heels down helps to keep your body in line w/ the horse's motion, centered where you should be.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Form follows function. Weighting your heels anchors your position in the saddle. You want your shoulders, hip and heel to form an imaginary vertical line w/ the heels being the lowest point. When your heels come up your body generally tips forward putting you in front of the motion and in danger of falling off. Heels down helps to keep your body in line w/ the horse's motion, centered where you should be.

Ahhhh. So it's a matter of safety. Thank you very much for the explanation. :yay: