I got the covid

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Has anyone else from the party, with the exception to the one guy who already tested positive, come down with a positive COVID test?

rmorse

Has anyone else from the party, with the exception to the one guy who already tested positive, come down with a positive COVID test?

It was a girl who already tested positive, not that it matters. I just figured I'd correct you to look like a dick.

Yea, I forgot that part. I told my buddy yesterday that my fiancé tested positive and he said that another girl tested positive from the party as well.

So, I think the girl who tested positive on Sunday had the virus but didn't know and she brought it to the party. Not that THAT matters either, because it's not like she did it on purpose or knew she was sick and went anyway. But anyway, that's life.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
How does anybody have any faith in these Covid tests after hearing that?
Not really. I had all the symptoms of Covid except the loss of taste and tested negative too. I chalked it up to a different variant. Wanted to get an anti-body test but the only way to get one easily is to give blood, and there weren't any open appointments for months. But moot now, already had the shot, so....

rmorse

Not really. I had all the symptoms of Covid except the loss of taste and tested negative too. I chalked it up to a different variant. Wanted to get an anti-body test but the only way to get one easily is to give blood, and there weren't any open appointments for months. But moot now, already had the shot, so....

But you might have had something else too though...This thing mimics so many other diseases. The only reason I believe I have it is because multiple people around me are testing positive, including someone I share a bed with every night. If she didn't taste positive, I would assume I just had the flu or something.

rmorse

I am finding that many decide not to get tested or not to tell anyone they are sick.

Yea if my fiancé wasn’t involved, I would have just stayed home and gotten over it like any other illness. I never really go get tested for anything unless I feel like I’m dying lol

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I am finding that many decide not to get tested or not to tell anyone they are sick.
Yea if my fiancé wasn’t involved, I would have just stayed home and gotten over it like any other illness. I never really go get tested for anything unless I feel like I’m dying lol
Agree, which means the percentages for hospitalization or death are wrong. Those percentages would go down significantly if everyone that was ill reported being ill and actually had Covid.

Clem72

Sorry to keep y'all waiting on the responses....I passed out pretty early last night.

I'm not easily offended and I know you were super curious, which is why I tagged you in my post. ;) Ask away! In the meantime, here's a quick rundown of what's happening:

My fiancé and I went to a party at a buddy's house on Saturday, Feb 20. On Monday, Feb 22, I started feeling a little off. I went to the gym that afternoon and came home and was achey but wrote it off to lifting. Went to bed early because I couldn't keep my eyes open. The next morning, I felt like a truck had run me over. Super bad headache (right behind my eyes, similar to a dehydration headache), really bad muscle/body aches, bad congestion, small (100 degree) fever, bad cough, general exhaustion. My fiancé and I went and got the rapid test that day and both came back negative for covid. While I was waiting, I reached out to the dude who threw the party who informed me that someone else was sick and tested positive for covid on that Sunday. So I was pretty sure I had it at that point but I had a negative test. I scheduled the PCR test and took that on Tuesday as well since they're a bit more accurate.

Tuesday night suuuuucked. Really bad fever; general exhaustion, etc. I was also extremely confused/dizzy/disoriented on Tuesday, which blew. Wednesday was more of the same but the worst by far was that Tuesday. Got the PCR results on Wednesday - negative again. Thursday and Friday (the 25th and 26th), started feeling a bit better...just felt like I had gotten over something nasty. At this point, I assumed that I just had the flu and was coming out of the woods with it.

Saturday the 27th, I started feeling more congested again. This followed into Sunday the 28th. I also lost my sense of taste and smell on Sunday. Monday, March 1st, my fiancé started feeling super sick. Same symptoms I had earlier in the week. Yesterday, Tuesday the 2nd, she went and got another rapid test which came back positive for covid. She's getting hit pretty hard with it right now, similar to how I was last week. I still can't taste or smell anything and now I'm having a very difficult time catching my breath. It feels like when I head out to Colorado to do some snowboarding and I just landed....I dunno if you've ever been out there but the air is thinner (as I'm sure you know) and it doesn't feel like you just exercised...just like you can't take a full deep breath.

I have another rapid test scheduled for this morning but I'm sure I have it, based on the above. At this point, I'm just dealing with a complete lack of taste and smell and I can't catch my breath so it feels like I'm slowly suffocating, which is nice.

For reference - I'm a 34 year old male, 6 foot and 165 pounds. I stay very active and I'm in decent shape so I'm not exactly this tiny frail person getting hit with this disease. I'm not worried about whether or not I'm going to make it through (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit nervous about possible long term ramifications) but I couldn't imagine someone with preexisting conditions trying to deal with this. Those two days hit me HARD but I'd be most concerned about not being able to catch my breath. I can see that easily going south for someone in not the best shape.

Anyway, lemme know if you have any questions!

FYI, that doesn't sound like COVID. I had COVID 4 months ago, and like most it was a dry cough for a long time before any other symptoms. Certainly didn't show up in 2 days and hit you like a train.

That said, I got sick again 2 weeks ago and it presented EXACTLY like what you described. I got tested (as did my wife) and we were negative. Which makes sense, we already had it and we got vaccinated for it afterwards.

rmorse

Agree, which means the percentages for hospitalization or death are wrong. Those percentages would go down significantly if everyone that was ill reported being ill and actually had Covid.

Oh yea, totally agree. This thing is definitely a killer, especially after getting it and seeing how hard it hits. But if I didn’t know it existed, I would have written this off to the flu which is also a killer. I would not have been worried about it at all, even with my trouble breathing. But if an older relative got these same symptoms, I would be worried about it taking them out regardless of what it is. But the numbers are absolutely off and someone on oxygen and on their last leg would have been taken out by any hard hitting disease. This is hitting me in a different way than past illnesses but it isn’t special with how hard it’s hitting. I’ve been way sicker before.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If she didn't taste positive, I would assume I just had the flu or something.

First of all, so Sneakers doesn't think mean things about me, I hope you and the fiancee recover quickly 🤒

I've had the regular flu and thought I was going to die with what you described, and presume you have as well. How are the symptoms different with covid?

Are you on any medication/treatment for this or just letting it run its course?

For reference - I'm a 34 year old male, 6 foot and 165 pounds. I stay very active and I'm in decent shape so I'm not exactly this tiny frail person getting hit with this disease.

Thank you for that - I'm still trying to come up with a tactful way of asking if people are old, fat, and breaking down anyway.

What interests me is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this virus. I worried about my 77 year old social butterfly Mom, but the rona is apparently scared to infect her. Yet here you are, a young healthy person... Also one would think that everyone at your friend's party would have come down with it, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm super nosy about this so please feel free to share as many details/observations as you're comfortable with.

rmorse

FYI, that doesn't sound like COVID. I had COVID 4 months ago, and like most it was a dry cough for a long time before any other symptoms. Certainly didn't show up in 2 days and hit you like a train.

That said, I got sick again 2 weeks ago and it presented EXACTLY like what you described. I got tested (as did my wife) and we were negative. Which makes sense, we already had it and we got vaccinated for it afterwards.

Man, who knows. For all I know, it’s a combo of two things. I might have had the flu and then got hit with Covid later and that’s why I was testing negative last week. I’m actually sitting outside CVS waiting for my new results now.

rmorse

First of all, so Sneakers doesn't think mean things about me, I hope you and the fiancee recover quickly 🤒

I've had the regular flu and thought I was going to die with what you described, and presume you have as well. How are the symptoms different with covid?

Are you on any medication/treatment for this or just letting it run its course?

Thank you for that - I'm still trying to come up with a tactful way of asking if people are old, fat, and breaking down anyway.

What interests me is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this virus. I worried about my 77 year old social butterfly Mom, but the rona is apparently scared to infect her. Yet here you are, a young healthy person... Also one would think that everyone at your friend's party would have come down with it, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I'm super nosy about this so please feel free to share as many details/observations as you're comfortable with.

I hate taking medication or drugs so I’m pretty much letting it run it’s course. The couple days last week felt like the flu but the flu lasted longer for me a couple years ago and actually hit me harder. I’ll let you guys know if anyone else from the party gets a positive hit but a couple of them have actually had Covid already.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh yea, totally agree. This thing is definitely a killer, especially after getting it and seeing how hard it hits. But if I didn’t know it existed, I would have written this off to the flu which is also a killer. I would not have been worried about it at all, even with my trouble breathing. But if an older relative got these same symptoms, I would be worried about it taking them out regardless of what it is. But the numbers are absolutely off and someone on oxygen and on their last leg would have been taken out by any hard hitting disease. This is hitting me in a different way than past illnesses but it isn’t special with how hard it’s hitting. I’ve been way sicker before.

This is something that interests me about the rona as well - the comparison to regular flu, symptomwise. I've also had the flu and been sicker than a dog with the same or similar symptoms, so what makes covid so remarkable?

Seasonal flu kills like (I don't recall what the numbers are, but it's a lot), so how do those numbers compare to specific covid deaths? Not died of a gunshot and happened to have the virus, but the virus was specifically responsible for their death.

rmorse

Yea I know there’s no easy way to ask for that information and I also know it’s relevant because this is a big killer with people with preexisting conditions so I wanted to be clear that this is how someone who is relatively young and healthy is getting hit.

As far as details and whatnot, PM your phone number. I’ll text you a picture of my poop every day so you can track how it’s changing. I’m currently on rabbit mode.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Given the description of the symptoms, it sounds almost as if you had the flu then ><BAM!>< COVID. You didn't mention a loss of taste or smell when you first got sick and two days would be ultra quick for symptoms to show after exposure. :sshrug:

PeoplesElbow

Good luck

I think the thing that scares people the most is being able to pass it without knowing you are sick. With the flu it's pretty obvious someone is sick and you can avoid them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good luck

I think the thing that scares people the most is being able to pass it without knowing you are sick. With the flu it's pretty obvious someone is sick and you can avoid them.

But doesn't the regular flu virus show up days before you have actual symptoms? It seems to me I read that somewhere....

PeoplesElbow

But doesn't the regular flu virus show up days before you have actual symptoms? It seems to me I read that somewhere....
I think there is a 1 or 2 day window. The navy says Covid has up to a 14 day window and people that aren't even sick can pass it on.

We have had several with no symptoms pass it on.