I got the covid

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's the scarring shown in MRIs

PeoplesElbow

This is great news, if it happened to me I would be disappointed with anything less than 100%. Do we have enough capacity for all these people to do rehab? From what I have seen before Covid myself we do not have enough rehab facilities or capacity in the US.

Earlier in September, a research presented at the European Respiratory Society International Congress 2020 reported that COVID-19 patients can suffer long-term lung and heart damage, but for many, this condition tends to improve over time.
For the study, the researchers performed follow-up visits in patients that had recovered from moderate-to-severe COVID-19 infection needing in-hospital treatment. CT scans conducted 6 weeks after discharge showed lung damage in about 88% of these patients. But at 12 weeks, the lung damage reduced to 56%. This improvement suggests the lungs have a mechanism for repairing themselves, the researcher noted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I did my deep dive digging, I found pretty much every news source was useless.

Yeah, no matter what you think might be fact you can find numerous credible sources that corroborate or refute it. And when the subject is politically charged you can forget anything being a legitimate "fact".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From what I have seen before Covid myself we do not have enough rehab facilities or capacity in the US.

According to the media, covid patients were so numerous they were croaking in the streets because the hospitals couldn't accommodate them. Then Trump tried to address this report by sending ships and building temporary facilities.....that never even got used because the whole narrative was a lie.

There were supposed to be body bags stacked like wood because people were dying faster than they could be buried. That never happened either.

So how do you decide what to believe? <--that's a real question because I don't know the answer myself.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
According to the media, covid patients were so numerous they were croaking in the streets because the hospitals couldn't accommodate them. Then Trump tried to address this report by sending ships and building temporary facilities.....that never even got used because the whole narrative was a lie.

There were supposed to be body bags stacked like wood because people were dying faster than they could be buried. That never happened either.

So how do you decide what to believe? <--that's a real question because I don't know the answer myself.

Thank you CNN.

"Nearly half show not lung damage after 12 weeks" leaves just over half with permanent damage though so it would be those people who would have a disability due to COVID19 I would think.

musiclady

Something similar: My daughter and son-in-law went to a wedding in another state. They left on a Friday. Another relative came to the wedding feeling exhausted. The next day, that relative couldn't taste anything. So my daughter and her husband returned on a Monday from the wedding and got the rapid test and the blood test. Hers came back positive, son-in-law negative. They quarantined anyway. On Wednesday, son-in-law felt horrible. Extremely exhausted, coughing fits, no taste or smell. He got retested and results came back positive. That Wed and Thursday he was extremely sick. CDC told them they could stop quarantining that Friday! Daughter never got sick at all. I was rather disturbed that he was so sick on the Wed, but two days later he was free to be out and about. It's been about a month now and he still has issues with taste, smelling and deep breaths, gets tired easily.

Clem72

How is it that you haven't seen the incidents of NIH/CDC reversing and contradicting itself? It's not like they've been hiding it.

Sure, usually in small things. No one has changed on the breath-test though. I think I was more pointing out that while often conflicting information is good for discourse, sometimes one side is just wrong. Like when dealing with a medical issue and on one side of an issue you have the majority of medical professionals and on the other you have primarily non-medical professionals, crackpots, and conspiracy theorists....well it shouldn't honestly be hard to figure out which is more likely to be the truth.

And again, for the blow-test, easy to check youtube for example and see thousands of videos of people with COVID holding their breath for a minute. Lung capacity and VO2 max are different from person to person, and their affect from COVID or other viruses are different. I imagine Michael Phelps could probably smoke for 40 years and be on an iron lung and still hold his breath longer than I can (I have never been good at that).

Sure, usually in small things. No one has changed on the breath-test though. I think I was more pointing out that while often conflicting information is good for discourse, sometimes one side is just wrong. Like when dealing with a medical issue and on one side of an issue you have the majority of medical professionals and on the other you have primarily non-medical professionals, crackpots, and conspiracy theorists....well it shouldn't honestly be hard to figure out which is more likely to be the truth.

And again, for the blow-test, easy to check youtube for example and see thousands of videos of people with COVID holding their breath for a minute. Lung capacity and VO2 max are different from person to person, and their affect from COVID or other viruses are different. I imagine Michael Phelps could probably smoke for 40 years and be on an iron lung and still hold his breath longer than I can (I have never been good at that).
I should not have to explain this but you need to look at the breath test for the reverse purpose... not being able to hold your breath BECAUSE you have lungs covering in mucus and don't even know it. It is offered as a simple test that can help you understand your current lung capacity.

PeoplesElbow

I've had doctors tell me to take a deep breath have only been halfway into it and they said "that's good, you don't smoke do you?"

rmorse

Update - I'm still congested and still get extremely winded from just playing with my dogs. I'm someone who spends his summers riding dirt bikes and hiking and mountain biking and running so this is not normal for me. However, I do have about 25% of my taste back and like 10% of my smell back, so that's nice.

DaSDGuy

For those who enjoy those deep dives I have a request. Please provide a viable and accurate source that indicates how many Maryland citizens have recovered from COVID. I can find how many have been infected, how many have been hospitalized, how many are still in the hospital, and how many have died. How many that have recovered is a mystery. Even the state web page does not show that. The tickers on the bottom of the TV news only show amounts infected and amounts that have died. Using their own statistics, does that mean once infected you ALWAYS have COVID? Because statistics are part of that science we are told to believe, right?