I guess it's safe to say that I got the house.

Ponytail

I got a verbal yesterday, and locked in my loan. The rates went up .5 (half) point since last Friday. Not much I can do about that though. But I got it. I'm happy...such a load off my back.:cool:

Ponytail

Originally posted by migtig
Congratulations! One thing accomplished, tons more to do!

Yea, no kidding. I felt such relief yesterday, but it seems to piling back on again today.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Congrats on the house! :cheers: Is it what you were looking for? Or did you have to settle for what was available?

Ponytail

Originally posted by Christy
Congrats on the house! :cheers: Is it what you were looking for? Or did you have to settle for what was available?

I didn't really have anything in particular in mind while I was looking, other than it had to be apparant that it'd be easy to sell at a profit, or at least not cost me anything upon selling.

This house SCREAMED profit as soon as I pulled into the driveway.

It's so different. two all brick fireplaces, solid redwood cathedral ceilings? You don't see that anymore. I love it.

Ponytail

Originally posted by Christy
Oh cool! How much land is with it?

I don't know for sure, I'm waiting for them to complete the survey. some where in the neighborhood of .75 acres though is my guess just from looking at it and judging from the neighbors fences.

Ponytail

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
The neighbors will be able to see you running around the yard naked. :eek:

I have learned that if you show the neighbors something that they don't want to see, they quit looking. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
.... and others of us pull up lawnchairs and watch the show... :cheers:
You know that lawnchairs can be dangerous...just ask Otter... :razz2:

Ponytail

Hopefully not TOO dangerous...That's pretty much all that's going to be in the living room for awhile...that, and the cardboard boxes that the TV will be sitting on. At least until I can get some pallet furniture made. :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ponytail
I didn't really have anything in particular in mind while I was looking, other than it had to be apparant that it'd be easy to sell at a profit, or at least not cost me anything upon selling.

This house SCREAMED profit as soon as I pulled into the driveway.

It's so different. two all brick fireplaces, solid redwood cathedral ceilings? You don't see that anymore. I love it.

Congrats! Where did you end up buying at?

Screamed profit? Did you get a real good price on it or is it in an area poised for rapid appreciation?

Ponytail

Originally posted by SmallTown
Congrats! Where did you end up buying at?

Screamed profit? Did you get a real good price on it or is it in an area poised for rapid appreciation?

It's in CRE. the house was built in '67, and looks like it hasn't been touched since then. Kitchen is dated, wall to wall wood paneling throughout the entire house :barf:...

i just saw alot of potential with very little work. And it's in a seemingly nice area, compared to other areas of CRE. I was amazed to see the differences in "neighborhoods" within the CRE boundary.

For the size of the house, and the lot that it is on, I think I got a really good price. Especially when comparing to the prices of newer homes that were half the size, and less than half the lot size.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ponytail
It's in CRE. the house was built in '67, and looks like it hasn't been touched since then. Kitchen is dated, wall to wall wood paneling throughout the entire house :barf:...

i just saw alot of potential with very little work. And it's in a seemingly nice area, compared to other areas of CRE. I was amazed to see the differences in "neighborhoods" within the CRE boundary.

For the size of the house, and the lot that it is on, I think I got a really good price. Especially when comparing to the prices of newer homes that were half the size, and less than half the lot size.

Kitchens and walls are so easy to fix and its amazing how much it can increase the value of a home. And if it is true to the normal assumptions, a house built in the 60s is probably a lot more solid than the newer homes. I know we looked at homes awhile back in Bay Ridge and the homes looked like a strong wind would knock them down.

Well, good luck with the move! If the "experts" are correct, the real estate market here is poised to take off again with new rounds of base closures. And with already a shortage, you could be sitting on a gold mine!

Ponytail

Originally posted by SmallTown
And with already a shortage, you could be sitting on a gold mine!

Well, so far the realtor and lender have both told me the same thing. Time will tell I guess.