I hate MOSQUITOES

Mojo

I rub a thick coat of Giraffe feces all over my body, that seems to keep them off of me.

Wait4It..boom

Oh yea. We're near the river and there is a little pond of stagnant water across the street from us where the lily pads rarely are disturbed. The mosquitoes and gnats come out in droves near sundown. If you walk outside, you're covered in them. Having to put horses in stalls at night with fans on the occasions where the bugs are eating them. Not having so much of an issue with flies, just the mosquitoes.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Oh yea. We're near the river and there is a little pond of stagnant water across the street from us where the lily pads rarely are disturbed. The mosquitoes and gnats come out in droves near sundown. If you walk outside, you're covered in them. Having to put horses in stalls at night with fans on the occasions where the bugs are eating them. Not having so much of an issue with flies, just the mosquitoes.

MAke sure you have no standing water around your yard. Dump water troughs regularly and/or add mosquito dunks (google it!) to your troughs. They're safe for fish, wildlife, and livestock. Don't worry!

Also go put some in that nasty pond across the street too. The number of dunks needed depends on surface space, just measure, read the package and you're good to go!

Wait4It..boom

I see the bats in the evenings but agree that we could use some more! I also dump the water buckets daily, swish them out or scrub them if needed, and refill with clean water. I'm gonna look into that mosquito dunk!

Colliegal

Throw a few fish in that "pond" and maybe a duck. That'll eat the little nasties.