I hate summer here.

Needed to cut the grass. One spot was too tall for the hand mower, so I used the tractor to 'trim' it. Caught the deck on something, now it makes a funny noise. :doh:

Went to start the hand mower. Pulled the cord, ran for 2 seconds and quit with water spitting out the exhaust. :doh: Ok, maybe it will start anyway. Give it a couple of tugs, cord breaks. :doh: Ok, had it since 1984 and that's the first thing to break.

Back on the tractor, finish the front yard. Decide to trim back some brush. Got the saw and clippers, started hacking. Soon realized it was WAY to humid to be doing this. Also soon realized I was eaten alive by skeeters. :grrrrrr: :itchy: :doh:

Any bets I come down with some weird debilitating illness in the next few days?

I cannot wait for the fall.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Needed to cut the grass. One spot was too tall for the hand mower, so I used the tractor to 'trim' it. Caught the deck on something, now it makes a funny noise. :doh:

Went to start the hand mower. Pulled the cord, ran for 2 seconds and quit with water spitting out the exhaust. :doh: Ok, maybe it will start anyway. Give it a couple of tugs, cord breaks. :doh: Ok, had it since 1984 and that's the first thing to break.

Back on the tractor, finish the front yard. Decide to trim back some brush. Got the saw and clippers, started hacking. Soon realized it was WAY to humid to be doing this. Also soon realized I was eaten alive by skeeters. :grrrrrr: :itchy: :doh:

:baby:

You're just never happy are you? (j/k)
If GW ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.....
You can just :biteme:

fitz.gif

Jameo

What?!

But your hibiscus are pretty :lol:

My riding mower has been down since last fall. Doesn't bother me all that much. I have my 13 year old cutting the grass with the push mower.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My riding mower has been down since last fall. Doesn't bother me all that much. I have my 13 year old cutting the grass with the push mower.

Must be nice to have a 13 year old WILLING to do that in this day and time. Seems so many think we OWE them a good life and expect us to provide for their comfort.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Does he get to use your new (free) weed eater too?

OMG of course he does - it's a share and share alike situation right?

I mean as soon as I get my trimmer out of the shop me and me only ME can use it ...... oops I said the wrong thing huh? chit!

Must be nice to have a 13 year old WILLING to do that in this day and time. Seems so many think we OWE them a good life and expect us to provide for their comfort.

You think I gave him a choice? Took him outside, showed him how to start it, had him demonstrate. Taught him to fill the gas and check the oil. Taught him how to cut most efficiently and told him "it's now your job to cut the grass as needed. You get paid $20.00 every time you finish the entire yard. If I have to cut part of it, you lose $$." It takes an entire week of him cutting 30 minutes at a time, but that's fine so long as he gets it done. He's happy to get $$ and I am happy to have him doing it.

OMG of course he does - it's a share and share alike situation right?

I mean as soon as I get my trimmer out of the shop me and me only ME can use it ...... oops I said the wrong thing huh? chit!

So, .... you need some.... trimming..? eh? :eyebrow:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
You think I gave him a choice? Took him outside, showed him how to start it, had him demonstrate. Taught him to fill the gas and check the oil. Taught him how to cut most efficiently and told him "it's now your job to cut the grass as needed. You get paid $20.00 every time you finish the entire yard. If I have to cut part of it, you lose $$." It takes an entire week of him cutting 30 minutes at a time, but that's fine so long as he gets it done. He's happy to get $$ and I am happy to have him doing it.

Wow you pay $20? How big is YOUR yard? I pay less than that SHHHH. My deal is you don't do YOUR part to contribute, you don't eat LOL

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So, .... you need some.... trimming..? eh? :eyebrow:

Too late !

My trimmer has been out-of-service for a couple months now. Going to pick up up today :yay: So I won't need your services after all.

Wasn't like Gilligan was going to fix it for me :frown:, so had to put it in the shop. That's 1 X against Gilligan now. I'm sure he's just CRUSHED.

:yeahthat: That's exactly my situation.