I hate summer here.

ginwoman

When my husband cuts grass it is serious business. First the riding mover (or the Massey 1010) then the push mower, then the weed eater, then the blower. Drives me kinda crazy but hes particular like that. And it does look really good when he's done. :dance::dance:

you're the one who's mind is wandering

:lol: and it wanders far and wide. Fantasy is a wonderful thing....

Well, the good news is that I didn't have to buy any parts. The rope broke right at the end, so I just cut off an inch of the bad section and rewound it. Took the bowl off, full of water. Pulled the carb and tank, flushed them, changed the oil while it was easy, put it all back together, added fuel. Started 1st pull.

But that brings me back to my original comment: I hate summer here. I cut that section of grass that needed it, and I was just dripping, salt water running in my eyes, can't see.... and the weather man.... I could shoot him. He's saying that we are in a cool spell. A cool spell??? Is he friggin nutz?

:drama:

ok, done with the rant. Off to shower, then errands. Making eggplant parm for dinner.....

Needed to cut the grass. One spot was too tall for the hand mower, so I used the tractor to 'trim' it. Caught the deck on something, now it makes a funny noise. :doh:

Went to start the hand mower. Pulled the cord, ran for 2 seconds and quit with water spitting out the exhaust. :doh: Ok, maybe it will start anyway. Give it a couple of tugs, cord breaks. :doh: Ok, had it since 1984 and that's the first thing to break.

Back on the tractor, finish the front yard. Decide to trim back some brush. Got the saw and clippers, started hacking. Soon realized it was WAY to humid to be doing this. Also soon realized I was eaten alive by skeeters. :grrrrrr: :itchy: :doh:

Any bets I come down with some weird debilitating illness in the next few days?

I cannot wait for the fall.

Yeah fall is great with all the leaves.

:lol: and it wanders far and wide. Fantasy is a wonderful thing....

Well, the good news is that I didn't have to buy any parts. The rope broke right at the end, so I just cut off an inch of the bad section and rewound it. Took the bowl off, full of water. Pulled the carb and tank, flushed them, changed the oil while it was easy, put it all back together, added fuel. Started 1st pull.

But that brings me back to my original comment: I hate summer here. I cut that section of grass that needed it, and I was just dripping, salt water running in my eyes, can't see.... and the weather man.... I could shoot him. He's saying that we are in a cool spell. A cool spell??? Is he friggin nutz?

:drama:

ok, done with the rant. Off to shower, then errands. Making eggplant parm for dinner.....

Weeds have been horrible this year. I am buying a gallon of round up concentrate tomorrow. I will live on a dirt acre.

Weeds have been horrible this year. I am buying a gallon of round up concentrate tomorrow. I will live on a dirt acre.

I don't mind the leaves. Tractor does most of the work.

When I weeded in the spring, I used a bunch of Preen in the gardens. It's worked really well. Just a sprig or two here and there to pull.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Ah, just fininshed canning 26 pints of tomatoes, and will do that many more Monday afternoon...

and that salty sweat was in my eyes the entire time:buddies:

Ah, just fininshed canning 26 pints of tomatoes, and will do that many more Monday afternoon...

Just finished changing and filter on the bike and cleaning the air filter. Ready to ride.... Some more..:buddies:

ginwoman

that is so cool. They will taste good this winter. I've never canned but I remember my mom doing it and it was at least 200 degrees in that kitchen.
That was way before central a/c.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I cooked down a ton of tomatoes today and put up 20 pints of absolutely beautiful and delicious tomato sauce.

Im am a scare-dy cat with canning, so I just put the containers in the freezer.

my-thyme

Patron
Just finished changing and filter on the bike and cleaning the air filter. Ready to ride.... Some more..:buddies:

I've been riding to work since it's cooled down some. Really nice...Like to take the long way there, via Pt Lookout...

Went to the newly re-opened Willows Restaurant twice this weekend - will make a nice pitstop spot while riding this fall.

my-thyme

Patron
I cooked down a ton of tomatoes today and put up 20 pints of absolutely beautiful and delicious tomato sauce.

Yummy...

that is so cool. They will taste good this winter. I've never canned but I remember my mom doing it and it was at least 200 degrees in that kitchen.
That was way before central a/c.

I've got an outdoor kitchen set up on the back porch - keeps that heat outside, but working with no AC - got a fan on HIGH! And yes, they will be delish this winter.

Wow, you got a lot of canning done. :buddies:

:yahoo::love:

Wow you pay $20? How big is YOUR yard? I pay less than that SHHHH. My deal is you don't do YOUR part to contribute, you don't eat LOL
3/4 acre hilly lot. It is NOT fun to cut with a push mower.

Took 4 2-cycle string trimmers to father-in-law. 1 is the brand new one from freecycle, 1 is 6-7 years old and will probably run with a carb leaning and the other 2 are parts donors. I don't need them as I have a 4-stroke that runs great and no mixing of gas.

Picked up my old 1994 craftsman tractor from him. Mower deck was shot, so it's my yard hauler now.

Dropped off the 2002 craftsman to have him fix the mower deck AGAIN. First time I went to use it this year something broke and thus the push mower.

my-thyme

Patron
Hot out there already this AM - just finished tilling the garden, getting ready to plant beans, kale, spinach, broccoli, Brussel sprouts...

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

:howdy:

So far I only had 1 regular sized tomato (was mushy inside) and a few grape types. Hoping out of 3 plants I get MORE. I think I'll do the freezer method also.

When the yellow squash crop comes in I'll be over-run with it for sure. I'm sure I'll be freezing a LOT of that.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
3/4 acre hilly lot. It is NOT fun to cut with a push mower.

Took 4 2-cycle string trimmers to father-in-law. 1 is the brand new one from freecycle, 1 is 6-7 years old and will probably run with a carb leaning and the other 2 are parts donors. I don't need them as I have a 4-stroke that runs great and no mixing of gas.

Picked up my old 1994 craftsman tractor from him. Mower deck was shot, so it's my yard hauler now.

Dropped off the 2002 craftsman to have him fix the mower deck AGAIN. First time I went to use it this year something broke and thus the push mower.

I have an old string trimmer with about 5 attachments. Hate to give up on it since it has all those attachments, you know? So if you have a shop to recommend in the Waldorf/White Plains area, let me know.

WHY WHY WHY does the chain saw seem to need the chain tightened every 5 or so cuts? Does that mean there's a problem or is that normal? It's a SEARS if that matters.

WHY WHY WHY does the chain saw seem to need the chain tightened every 5 or so cuts? Does that mean there's a problem or is that normal? It's a SEARS if that matters.

Cheap cutting chain, or you're not tightening down the bar enough. The cutting chain will also stretch if it gets hot from not enough oil.

bulldog

Where do you get your RU? I get the 3 gallon, generic brand concentrate from Kirby Agri for less than $40.00. Works just as well as the name brand stuff.

ginwoman

Where do you get your RU? I get the 3 gallon, generic brand concentrate from Kirby Agri for less than $40.00. Works just as well as the name brand stuff.

Bulldog, where is Kirby Agri? We get our RU from BJ's wholesale my hubby says its cheaper there. I'll have to compare these prices.