I have a big, powerful pecker.

jetmonkey

I've seen Red-bellied and Downy Woodpeckers at my suet and peanut feeders along with Carolina Wrens and Tufted Titmouses. But I think a Pileated may be visiting my feeders, I'm pretty excited! I have not actually seen the perpetrator in action yet, but suddenly my feeders are experiencing major pecking damage that I have not seen before. Large pieces of wood are being split from my suet feeder around the holes and my recycled plastic peanut feeder has deep pecker grooves all around both holes.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I've seen Red-bellied and Downy Woodpeckers at my suet and peanut feeders along with Carolina Wrens and Tufted Titmouses. But I think a Pileated may be visiting my feeders, I'm pretty excited! I have not actually seen the perpetrator in action yet, but suddenly my feeders are experiencing major pecking damage that I have not seen before. Large pieces of wood are being split from my suet feeder around the holes and my recycled plastic peanut feeder has deep pecker grooves all around both holes.

:worthless

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
but suddenly my feeders are experiencing major pecking damage that I have not seen before. Large pieces of wood are being split from my suet feeder around the holes and my recycled plastic peanut feeder has deep pecker grooves all around both holes.

If it's not a pecker it's a squirrel. :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready

I think that's the key right there, large pieces. I've seen them rip big chunks out of bark, not something a red-bellied (or something smaller than a pileated) could do.

Pics, a must...if you ever get the opportunity. :yay:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
I have those around here. Great big birds and fun to watch. Once you hear the call of one of these monsters you'll never forget it.

Pileated%20woodpecker.jpg