I have a free lease horse to ride now!!

K

Katie

Now I just need to know where I can get some paddock boots?

I don't know any local tack shops, and really need a pair of boots.

I am HAPPY to be back in the saddle again :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Elam's, Loveville Leather, and Mr Willies (Hickory Hollow) had some, not sure if they're still selling that stuff or not though.

There are 2 pairs of Brit Rider Muck boots in Stolzfus' feed supply. Size 8 ladies. Nice boots. I had to re-order, they were too big for me.

K

Katie

happyappygirl said:
Elam's, Loveville Leather, and Mr Willies (Hickory Hollow) had some, not sure if they're still selling that stuff or not though.

There are 2 pairs of Brit Rider Muck boots in Stolzfus' feed supply. Size 8 ladies. Nice boots. I had to re-order, they were too big for me.

That is my size, size 8. I might have to go up there and look at them tomorrow during lunch.

I am just thrilled to be riding again.

fredsaid2

happyappygirl said:

I don't think Elam's (Loveville Leather) sells boots. If Hickory Hollow has sold their inventory Wheatley's has a lot to choose from. Check out the Ariat Terrain, like a sneaker/hiking boot but with a heel for riding. I have a pair of the waterproof kind, they're really nice.

fredsaid2

Pete said:
What the hell are paddock boots and why do you need them to ride a horse?

Think ankle height granny boots with a flat heel, keeps your foot from jamming through the stirrup and the height gives nice support.

Pete

Repete
fredsaid2 said:
Think ankle height granny boots with a flat heel, keeps your foot from jamming through the stirrup and the height gives nice support.
So all those times before I rode a horse in tennis shoes I was in violation of horse dress code?

fredsaid2

Pete said:
So all those times before I rode a horse in tennis shoes I was in violation of horse dress code?

You broke the golden rule, thankfully you survived! Next time....Granny boots
:lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OMG the horsie in his Jammies took the rider's HEAD off! :lol:

BTW you don't want to wear muck boots either....ask me how i know...:ohwell: