I have received my Chinese seeds........

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A friend of mine received some too. Aren't you a little bit tempted to plant them in a pot and see what comes up?

FEED me, Seymour!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Reports on the news say they are just common things, like sunflower, hibiscus, beans...

But there's always that concern of a mutant strain that takes over the world.

BD, can you post a pic of the seeds, just curious to see them.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Reports on the news say they are just common things, like sunflower, hibiscus, beans...

But there's always that concern of a mutant strain that takes over the world.

BD, can you post a pic of the seeds, just curious to see them.
They looklike pepper seeds

Attachments

• D0E793F1-35CC-4089-AC9E-37571820E71F.jpeg
    D0E793F1-35CC-4089-AC9E-37571820E71F.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 153

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unsolicited seeds that just appear randomly in the mail are weird. It's probably a "hold my beer" thing - the Chinese use surveillance satellites to turn us into reality TV for their amusement.

Chris0nllyn

Unsolicited seeds that just appear randomly in the mail are weird. It's probably a "hold my beer" thing - the Chinese use surveillance satellites to turn us into reality TV for their amusement.

It's a scam called "brushing".

At this time, we don’t have any evidence indicating this is something other than a “brushing scam” where people receive unsolicited items from a seller who then posts false customer reviews to boost sales.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/sa_by_date/sa-2020/sa-07/seeds-china

So far the USDA has found 14 different types of seeds including
mustard, cabbage, morning glories, roses, hibiscus, and herbs such as mint, sage, rosemary and lavender
https://www.usda.gov/media/radio/da...y-unsolicited-seeds-are-several-plant-species

@Bird Dog
What should I do if I’ve received a package of seeds?
It is important that we collect and test as many seeds as possible to determine whether these packets present a threat to U.S. agriculture or the environment. Anyone who receives an unsolicited package of seeds should follow these steps:

• Save the seeds and the package they came in, including the mailing label.
  • Do not open the seed packets.
  • Do not plant any of the seed.
  • If the packets are already open, place all materials (seeds and packaging) into a zip lock bag and seal it.
  • Place everything (seeds and any packaging, including the mailing label) in a mailing envelope. Please include your name, address, and phone number so that a State or Federal agriculture official can contact you for additional information.
  • Contact your State plant regulatory official or APHIS State plant health director for instructions or where to send the package, to arrange a no-contact pick up, or to determine a convenient drop-off location.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/faq-unsolicited-seeds

SamSpade

The seed thing - I can't figure out what the deal is or why anyone would go through ALL THE EFFORT to mail them, unsolicited and without any likelihood of drumming up business. Who gives out samples unless they're trying to make money?

Worse - the Chinese government denies their origin - BUT wants them to be mailed back to them - operative word being "back".
Unless they have a problem with ENGLISH, mailing them BACK means, they originated from China.

If they didn't come from China, why on Earth would they want them AT ALL?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The seed thing - I can't figure out what the deal is or why anyone would go through ALL THE EFFORT to mail them,
See Chris' explanation on brushing. It's a scam for good ratings and reviews on products, but the products being 'rated' are not seeds, usually jewelry. They wouldn't do it unless the potential returns were worth it.

SamSpade

See Chris' explanation on brushing. It's a scam for good ratings and reviews on products, but the products being 'rated' are not seeds, usually jewelry. They wouldn't do it unless the potential returns were worth it.
Ah - he's on iggy. I'll give it a whirl.