I Hear Thunder

TPD

the poor dad
Half inch of rain in less than 15 minutes. And now a double rainbow. Ok the 2nd one to the right is not as defined but it's there.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wow... we didn't get any of the rain but there's a noticeable drop in temperature and humidity.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I will load my truck tomorrow and bring it to you. We didn't need the rain today after the almost 5" we had last Monday. But I'm sure by Saturday my crops will need more rain after this week's heat.
Thanks, I appreciate the rain :) I planted 200 native plant plugs and multiple transplanted natives from a friends yard at the end of June - spread out over probably 1.5 acres and multiple beds and in the woods. And I was dragging hoses to get them established (note to self- plant in spring or fall in the future!) Last weeks rain was great! Not only did it provide water to my new plantings but also the trees surrounding that were dry that I am sure were sucking up some of the moisture I was providing!

TPD

the poor dad
Thanks, I appreciate the rain :) I planted 200 native plant plugs and multiple transplanted natives from a friends yard at the end of June - spread out over probably 1.5 acres and multiple beds and in the woods. And I was dragging hoses to get them established (note to self- plant in spring or fall in the future!) Last weeks rain was great! Not only did it provide water to my new plantings but also the trees surrounding that were dry that I am sure were sucking up some of the moisture I was providing!

This reminds me of a “customer” story that you will appreciate. Two weekends ago before the rain, we had a customer come in and buy a watering wand to attach to the end of his hose to water the plants. A couple hours later he returned the wand saying he could only get a trickle out of it. We happily replaced it for him. After he leaves I start inspecting the wand he returned because we have never had an issue with them. Yup - there was a big bug in the end blocking the water inlet, which I guess had crawled into his hose looking for a drink when there was no nozzle on it. Customers - gotta love ‘em!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Some strong winds blowing through here in Northern Calvert. Dark clouds, a rumble or two of thunder so far. Just starting to rain. Temperature has dropped 10 degrees to 80.

glhs837

Power with Control
Microburst rolled through here just north of St Marys, snapped the top 10 feet off a smaller tree, was crazy.

Hannibal

The line of T-storms on the radar as they were entering western Charles was impressive (a long line of red). However, in PF, despite the angry clouds approaching (to the point of being chased out of the pool), we got a trace of rain and a few minutes of wind as if the storm was coming but never did. Radar showed the red band split and go around us. It seems over the past couple weeks, even with these pop up storms, we've been missed while areas right around us have seen some action. Not only am I a storm fan, my yard needs to water.