I jinxed myself talking about kiosks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Went to the post office to mail a package - it was jam packed with humanity. Line all the way out the door. So I went to the kiosk to get postage for my package.

The first one wouldn't allow me to enter a 0 at all, which I needed for the address. Not on the touchscreen, not on the keypad.

So I went to the second kiosk and started over. This one let me enter the address just fine and all seemed to be going well....until....

I put the package in the drop box and as I was walking out the door a gentleman chased after me with a receipt. Oh, doh :doh: I forgot my receipt.

Nope.

When I got my postage sticker and ended my session, my session didn't really end. It was left open and when this man ordered his stamps, they were charged to my credit card. So he was honest - good karma to him - and chased me down to give me the cash for his stamps that I had inadvertently paid for, along with the receipt. NOW the session was closed out.

:jameo:

I have no doubt the second FAIL was my fault, but I distinctly remember the screen asking me if I needed anything else and me pushing the NO button. Then I was distracted by the 8 million people standing in line behind me and the ones next door at the malfunctioning kiosk cursing at it, so it may have done one of those, "Are you sure?" things.

"Are you positive?"
Yes.

"Really? Because I can do some other things if you need me to."
Yes, I'm good.

"You're sure you don't need anything else?"
YES MOTHER&%#*&@ I'M DONE!!!!

:tantrum: