I just don’t understand them wimmens...

UglyBear

Not a rant, not a boast, just trying to get some input on the psychology of the fair sex.

I’m a very happily married man in my late 30s/early 40s, and lately I get very heavily hit on in the most unusual places — the home improvement store. I’ll be wearing my painting clothing splattered in mud and paint, reeking of bitter sweat mixed with joint compound — and I will get continuously hit on by these super cute 20 something ladies. Apparently I’m not the only one — it’s a thing for guys in my age group. Where were all these girls when I was in my single 20s?

A friend of mine walks his baby and the dog in a park every weekend , and ladies just throw themselves at him — even after he basically shoves the wedding ring into their faces. Do they just see “the perfect package” and want it without putting in the work?

Is it that some percentage of women don’t want something unless someone else has it first?

Example: in college, I was not exactly popular with the ladies. I joked that I ran the risk of being pepper sprayed if I smiled at a girl. Then my sister comes to visit, and I’m showing her around the campus. On our walk, at least five or six girls are very openly “Hi there” to me. My sister is like WTF is with the ladies here? Are you always that popular?

Is it some kind of competition with other women? Or if a man is single, there must be something wrong with him, but if some other woman found something of value in a guy, he’s worth trying to lure away?

Grumpy

Is it that some percentage of women don’t want something unless someone else has it first?
I don't know if that is entirely true, think its a mix of competition and that. I got married at 21 to a very good looking girl and I was hit on constantly while married to her. I don't really understand it, but I've seen it the same way as you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't know if that is entirely true, think its a mix of competition and that. I got married at 21 to a very good looking girl and I was hit on constantly while married to her. I don't really understand it, but I've seen it the same way as you.
PonyBoy! :love:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I thought that happened to all guys when they're freshly neutered, I mean newly married, and starting a family. UB, It's just something that happens and you've got to learn how to politely say no.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
UB, you are not ugly! I could see the wimmens falling over themselves in your presence to get your attention. :biggrin:

Anyhoo, I'm not sure what 20 and 30 somethings are doing in the home improvement stores trying to meet mens, I didn't realize there were so many who have homes that they wanted to improve. That's not something I did back in my day. :lol: 🤔

As for the barracudas who are eye-balling and flirty with someone else's man - they exist in all age groups. Not sure why, but it's probably because they can't get their OWN. :rolleyes:

I'd rather be alone the rest of my life than to try and pick up a married or otherwise attached man. How pathetic.

GregV814

Well BEAR, here's my tip...If THEY START THE CONVERSATION, no matter the context, Just say, "I'M FROM JUPITER, WANNA JUPE WITH ME" ??

I also carry a cardboard St. Patrick's Day glittery green top hat or a bowler....thats impressive too...

ontheriver

Well BEAR, here's my tip...If THEY START THE CONVERSATION, no matter the context, Just say, "I'M FROM JUPITER, WANNA JUPE WITH ME" ??

I also carry a cardboard St. Patrick's Day glittery green top hat or a bowler....thats impressive too...

Greg, you were handsome too and I enjoyed our conversation. That night is why I get you.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Probably because young guys these days are basically effeminate children acting all foolish. So of course the chicks swoon when they see a real grownup man with grubbies on because he knows how to do things.
That is quite true!