I just don’t understand them wimmens...

mitzi

I'd rather be alone the rest of my life than to try and pick up a married or otherwise attached man. How pathetic.

I would too. I hate women that do that. When I was married, I'd have women flirt with husband while I was standing there.

SamSpade

You know - I have never had this problem - although I did notice women were just a bit more friendly once I was married.

I always figure it's not because they are flirting, it's because they see any such exchange as harmless.

My wife said it was because I was mostly ignoring them, because I was married.

Clem72

You know - I have never had this problem - although I did notice women were just a bit more friendly once I was married.

I always figure it's not because they are flirting, it's because they see any such exchange as harmless.

My wife said it was because I was mostly ignoring them, because I was married.

Was going to say the same thing. Some guys see any attention whatsoever from women as flirting.

SamSpade

Was going to say the same thing. Some guys see any attention whatsoever from women as flirting.
Yup. I know a guy who decided to follow up on some of it, only to learn exactly that - not actually interested, just likes to be friendly with someone they considered "safe".

You know - actually, women did flirt with me back in my 20s and early 30s. I was just so convinced I wasn't interesting, I couldn't see it. I remember a cute girl who always would shout out to the bus driver to stop at the SPOT I got off at, just before I had the chance. I assumed she was mocking me. My sister talked to her once - she was trying to get my attention.

In fact, sometimes I took it as deliberate intent to tick me off - like when a young girl in the grocery store asked me to help her find something she couldn't find, right the hell out of nowhere, or another one might ask my opinion on which bit of clothing looked better. I just couldn't get why an attractive woman would start an otherwise pointless conversation with me, having spent ten years in a cult where you only did that in order to proselytize.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think the majority of (real) women who talk to men who are married or attached are NOT necessarily flirting. As in - any attention at all does not equate to flirting. Some do, but they are usually easy to spot.

I genuinely like to talk to other people who are friendly. Men and women. I don't consider talking to a married/attached man to be flirting.

If a woman thinks any other woman who talks to her man is flirting and wants him - she's got problems. Likewise, as I said before - if wimmens think ALL attention a man pays her - even just talking - is flirting with her - she needs a reality check.

There will always be the exceptional snakes in the grass though. :jet:

I got a huge reality check recently about a past partner. 100% trusted him and I've been told a couple of stories about past "questionable" advances that were made to a couple friends of mine while I was present and completely unaware. So who knows how he behaved when I was not around!

SamSpade

Likewise, as I said before - if wimmens think ALL attention a man pays her - even just talking - is flirting with her - she needs a reality check.

It's been my observation that women who are secure about themselves or their relationships or their appearance tend to not be concerned.
Women who AREN'T - especially women who actually ARE good looking - tend to view all of their interactions with men through the lens of their desirability.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got a huge reality check recently about a past partner. 100% trusted him and I've been told a couple of stories about past "questionable" advances that were made to a couple friends of mine while I was present and completely unaware. So who knows how he behaved when I was not around!

I'm somewhat offended that he never came on to me. 🙁 :lol: But one of our mutual friends asked me once if her then boyfriend, now husband, ever came on to me and I was like, "Are you kidding? Of course not." He always had eyes only for her. Turns out it was just sh!t stirring from another friend (and you know which one) who told her that her beau was being handsy. So I always take that sort of thing with a grain of salt and consider the source.

Anyway, I have always had close guy friends and am very comfortable with men on a platonic level. That has gotten me the stink eye on numerous occasions, so now I'm careful when with a couple I don't know well (or at all) to speak to the woman and not even acknowledge the man in any real way.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm somewhat offended that he never came on to me. 🙁 :lol: But one of our mutual friends asked me once if her then boyfriend, now husband, ever came on to me and I was like, "Are you kidding? Of course not." He always had eyes only for her. Turns out it was just sh!t stirring from another friend (and you know which one) who told her that her beau was being handsy. So I always take that sort of thing with a grain of salt and consider the source.
:lol:

She never told me. She didn't want to upset me and he made her comfortable with the efforts...she was NOT a person to shy away from those things - it's that we were friends that it ooked her out. Another friend, who is male & gay is the one who told me. It could have all been misconstrued. There was another instance that I personally saw and didn't make a big deal of at the time because I didn't want to be accused of being jealous. It was overt though, nad actually pretty funny looking back.