I just found a new hunting website...

RatchetJaw

I just found a new hunting website that is for charles, st. marys, and calvert counties, here's what the message on the chat thing said.

Hello and Welcome to the brand new Southern Maryland Shooting Times forums. The site is still under construction and we've got a ton of work to do, but, SMST is now online and ready to get down to business. Please be sure to let all of your hunting and shooting buddies know about Southern Maryland Shooting Times and send them the link

www . SOMDSHOOT . com

I just found out about it and it appears as though it just went online this afternoon. I don't think I've ever been to a site with that many sections devoted to hunting before and it also looks like they are pushing the things we never see on other sites, so far it looks like it's going to be a real good deal. Just thought I would pass it on to everyone.

Attachments

• somdshootlogo.jpg
    somdshootlogo.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

JoeMac

That's not a link though this is a link www.SOMDSHOOT.com • Portal

That site has no life or feel to it. It's just a black and blue bulletin board. They need to give it a hunting and shooting feel if they want to be successful.

Is this your site and you're trying to promote it?

RatchetJaw

no it's not my site, I heard about it from someone else who knows the guy who is doing it. You can change the styles of the board to fit your taste, most other forums and stuff don't give you that option. but, join up sometime and tell the guy what you think, it's all gotta start somewhere I guess. yeah I went back reposted the address so it would not look like the link you left, that's why I edited it so people could understand it.

fish67

One of the best forums around for Maryland shooting sports is Maryland Shooters - been a member there for a while and always find good people with good answers, as well as lively conversation.

RatchetJaw

yep it's a good site, not much traffic on the southern maryland board though a few usual customers everyday. I did get to talk to the guy who is doing the southern maryland shooting times forum and the guy does have some neat ideas planned. sponsored turkey shoots, sponsored youth clubs for target shooting. he has plans for sure, but i guess like he said people have to show interest and that site is still really new.

JoeMac

Well at least I can see the words now. It still doesn't look like a hunting or shooting sport forum though. It looks like something to do with the water or fishing.

RatchetJaw

you keep pushing the maryland whitetails site, if you actually look at the southern maryland shooting times site you'll see the guy did a hell of a job with including everything from shooting sports and there's a lot of hunting related sections, more features and sections than i've ever seen on a forum like he's got. i just went to the site a little bit ago boy it looks really different now he's getting it together that for sure Hunting And Sport Shooting Forums Dedicated To Charles, St. Marys, & Calvert County • Portal

bulldog

you keep pushing the maryland whitetails site, if you actually look at the southern maryland shooting times site you'll see the guy did a hell of a job with including everything from shooting sports and there's a lot of hunting related sections, more features and sections than i've ever seen on a forum like he's got. i just went to the site a little bit ago boy it looks really different now he's getting it together that for sure Hunting And Sport Shooting Forums Dedicated To Charles, St. Marys, & Calvert County • Portal

Relax there RatchetJaw...I'm not "pushing" anything. And if you'll pay attention, my comments about it not being a hunting related web site were directed at the post above me...which I quoted...and was talking about another site (Maryland Shooters)...not your new found favorite somdshoot.com. By the way, I did visit somdshoot.com and in fact was the very first person to make a post on the site.

JoeMac

Relax there RatchetJaw...I'm not "pushing" anything. And if you'll pay attention, my comments about it not being a hunting related web site were directed at the post above me...which I quoted...and was talking about another site (Maryland Shooters)...not your new found favorite somdshoot.com. By the way, I did visit somdshoot.com and in fact was the very first person to make a post on the site.

Yea, I think ratchet is promoting his own site here. That shooting times site is brand new and currently sucks. After he gets it set up and some content there we will see. But right now it's not worth visiting.

bulldog

Yea, I think ratchet is promoting his own site here. That shooting times site is brand new and currently sucks. After he gets it set up and some content there we will see. But right now it's not worth visiting.

I'll visit, I'll contribute...they all have to start somewhere, but I think you may be right...RJ seems to be promoting his own stuff...which is fine, but he needs to read more carefully before he jumps down someones throat.

JoeMac

I'll visit, I'll contribute...they all have to start somewhere, but I think you may be right...RJ seems to be promoting his own stuff...which is fine, but he needs to read more carefully before he jumps down someones throat.

Well, whoever the owner is has improved the look and feel of the site. I started a couple of threads. One thing he needs to change is that to get to the forum you need to click "board index" which is totally unheard of and confusing. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out, which most people wont do. There needs to be one button that says "forum" and it needs to be visible from EVERY page on the site. I don't see where ratchet is an administrator or moderator over there so maybe it's just a relative of his, because I can't see anyone pushing it this hard without having a vested interest.

RatchetJaw

joemac, i'm just trying to help the guy out, what the hell right? it's a local forum based in our area and it's not one of these maryland wide or nation wide events, i think the guy deserves a few pats for trying to bring all the guys and girls together in the area, who knows maybe the guy can sponsor some shoots in the area or do something more than the other sites do besides set around and cash in on it.

i talked to the guy who started the site the other day and he was telling me about his ideas to start some youth shooting club because of the young kids he knows that want to shoot but don't anyone else who is willing to take the time out of their own lives to take them out for a fun day of shooting and maybe start some womens shooting group for the same reasons, you know, get people together who have a common interest but don't have a group to be part of around here, or people who even care. the hunting part of it comes like he told me in the email who cares about who shot what in texas, let's talk about our back yard.

so, with all due respect why don't you stop bashing the #### out of it and do something to improve the situation, if not, then leave the thread alone and go post somewhere else. all you've done is complain and the damn site just got started, give it time man and stop #####ing about everything.

and no i'm not related to the guy and i have no personal gains, i'm just glad to see someone stepping up for your hobby and interests in your own home town.

why don't you just email the guy, since you seem to go there several times a day, and let the guy know how you feel and try to help.

JoeMac

:bonk: Chill dude, now that you've explained yourself we know where your coming from. You talked to the guy personally and have some inside insight.

I did sign up and made a couple of posts and suggestions. I stated above I see that the site has got a little hunting feel to it now.