I know I am wayyyyy out of line, but.....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it out of the question to have a forum for that purpose, something like "Personal Attack, / Insult Forum" so those that need attention can ramp up rhetoric?

See, they don't want to go to their room and throw themselves on the floor; they want to have that tantrum right out in the candy aisle where everyone can see them.

SamSpade

I used to frequent a forum which had a section called “Flame Pit” for just that purpose and threads that got out of line got moved there. But you could say and do anything there so long as you realized it was the same for everyone else.

herb749

I used to frequent a forum which had a section called “Flame Pit” for just that purpose and threads that got out of line got moved there. But you could say and do anything there so long as you realized it was the same for everyone else.

That's the biggest problem. Some don't think its the same for everyone else, just them. They will cry to a Mod that what was said was mean or hurtful, but then agree & laugh when its about someone they don't like.

SamSpade

That's the biggest problem. Some don't think its the same for everyone else, just them. They will cry to a Mod that what was said was mean or hurtful, but then agree & laugh when its about someone they don't like.
Two go in, one comes out. If you know the rules going in, you have nothing to complain about. That’s what the Flame Pit exists for.

As I commented elsewhere, some people must punctuate their remarks with insults and profanity because without them, their arguments are shallow and without support or evidence. Take away the insults and there’s no THERE there.

PsyOps

Pixelated
See, they don't want to go to their room and throw themselves on the floor; they want to have that tantrum right out in the candy aisle where everyone can see them.

Except, we can't see them. That's why they do it here (social media) and not in the candy aisle. We can't confront them. The haters can flame, feel empowered, then go out in public, and no one would ever know who they are. Trans would NEVER expose herself. People like Trans are cowards; hiding safely behind their computers spewing their hate; what they know would give them a fast shut down.

I'm convinced these people live horribly angry and sad lives, holding contempt for virtually everyone; and now have venues in which to exhaust that anger and contempt for others.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I bet the 'flame pit' had 100X more threads than any other section. :lol:

SamSpade

I bet the 'flame pit' had 100X more threads than any other section. :lol:
You’d THINK that, but it came out about even. The forum actually began about religion but eventually became a free for all about everything. So not everyone wants to come to blows over art or music or TV shows.

black dog

Free America
]
Forums are an excellent way of expressing our opinions and relating significant topical events in our lives.

But some folks seem to have the child-like pleasure of making incendiary comments, grabbing attention, not unlike that kid in 3rd or 4th grade that had some intellectual limitations needing attention.

Is it out of the question to have a forum for that purpose, something like "Personal Attack, / Insult Forum" so those that need attention can ramp up rhetoric?

If you kickup the cash for Premo we have a room just for us to post about all the other forum members.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm convinced these people live horribly angry and sad lives, holding contempt for virtually everyone; and now have venues in which to exhaust that anger and contempt for others.

You know, if that's what keeps them from beating their dog or shooting up their school, I'm okay with that.

Reactions: BOP