I know racism when I see it...

Dedee

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

People of any race can be racist. It happens in all races.

SamSpade

White people have always made this claim, as in the African slaves had to talk nice and act happy or else they get punished because the white folk do not approve of any insubordination.

So there is a huge system that favors the white privileges and if any black person fails to respect that then its an "uppity" black who needs to be put down.

I see it in extremes as like the white guys hanging a black Man so the black Man yells that he hates white people, so then the whites claim that he is a prejudice and racist black Man for hating the whites which then justifies the hanging, because white folk do not like any insubordination.

In fact the insubordination done in today's society is the right and proper way to respond against the white racism.

As I mentioned - (rolls eyes) - you don't understand or you just don't know how to read.

R

retiredweaxman

Who is this JP idiot, and where does he live?:whistle:

JPC lives in or near Lex Park..and he is YOUR candidate running for the State Senate!!!!

Of course, 2 years ago, he was running for the State House, then 2 year prior to that, I think he was running for some local position in the County.

2 years from now, it will be interesting to see what arena he throws his hat in.

LEO - if you want a BIG laugh, ask Jimmy his stance on the child support issues...or you can do a thread search...hours of entertainment I promise you!!!

There is a forumite that has a web page dedicated to "JPCisms." The forumite is THUNDERCLAPP and I highly recommend his page as well. I am not sure of the page name - but I am sure a Google search on James P Cusick (JPC's real name that he has posted under the politics thread) will turn up something for you.

ENJOY!!! (I only recommend reading JPC's posts in a sober state otherwise you miss some of the "great" things he has said over the years)

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Response.

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

People of any race can be racist. It happens in all races.

The white dictionary often leaves out certain aspects which might offend the white perspective.

So it is correct that under certain conditions then anyone can indeed be racist, but here in the USA and throughout the planet earth then the brute force of white power will not allow any such racism against whites.

And yes it is totally decided based on the brute force violent power of the Caucasians which enforces the white status quo.

As like a black guy and a white guy (or gal) walking down the street in PG County Maryland then the system gives the white guy (or gal) a systematic superiority over top of the black guy (or gal), and as such even if the two person are unaware of the difference or if the white tries to deny their white privilege or if the black person tries to circumvent that reality then it still remains as the over ruler, and as such in this world the white racism against everyone not white is the dominating racism over the entire planet earth.

So the white dictionary declaring that it can happen does not include the reality that it does not happen otherwise.

As such any black person who rightly commits any insubordination against any white person might look like it is racism and it might fit into that limited dictionary definition but it is never accurate because a black person can not be racist against a white person given the realities in this world.

It would be like saying any citizen in Afghanistan who fights back against the violent occupation by America would be viewed as anti American which only appears to be true because America is using its brute force in their Country, but really the Afghan fighter is NOT anti American as they are simply defending them selves against the American violence.

So too a black person who resist the white domination is NOT and can not be a racist because the black people are forever on the defensive against the white prejudicial over rule.

bcp

In My Opinion
So too a black person who resist the white domination is NOT and can not be a racist because the black people are forever on the defensive against the white prejudicial over rule.

check crime statistics then get back to us about who needs to be on the defensive from who.

I suggest you move to the middle east and preach there, maybe you could get a group together to try and bring down the evil white empires throughout the world.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wow, I come back after all this time to find that JPC is still a total waste of air.... Imagine that.

This_person

The white dictionary often leaves out certain aspects which might offend the white perspective.

So it is correct that under certain conditions then anyone can indeed be racist, but here in the USA and throughout the planet earth then the brute force of white power will not allow any such racism against whites.

And yes it is totally decided based on the brute force violent power of the Caucasians which enforces the white status quo.

As like a black guy and a white guy (or gal) walking down the street in PG County Maryland then the system gives the white guy (or gal) a systematic superiority over top of the black guy (or gal), and as such even if the two person are unaware of the difference or if the white tries to deny their white privilege or if the black person tries to circumvent that reality then it still remains as the over ruler, and as such in this world the white racism against everyone not white is the dominating racism over the entire planet earth.

So the white dictionary declaring that it can happen does not include the reality that it does not happen otherwise.

As such any black person who rightly commits any insubordination against any white person might look like it is racism and it might fit into that limited dictionary definition but it is never accurate because a black person can not be racist against a white person given the realities in this world.

It would be like saying any citizen in Afghanistan who fights back against the violent occupation by America would be viewed as anti American which only appears to be true because America is using its brute force in their Country, but really the Afghan fighter is NOT anti American as they are simply defending them selves against the American violence.

Liberals - this is your spokesman. He says your points as well as anyone.

How does that make you feel?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Racism really does NOT work both ways and it can not work the other way in our given society.

I would suggest your view and, clearly, experiences, are not expansive enough to be commenting on the subject.

Happens all the time and I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. If I'm black and a politician in a given county, who am I going to favor, the white sign painter who didn't support my candidacy or the black sign painter who did support me? If I have two sign painters, both black, both who supported me, whose getting the work? The guy who gave me $1,000 or the guy who owes me $200 and is my wife's cousin?

We treat racism and bias as some sort of un-natural thing. That doesn't make it right as per our laws and ideals but, by and large, it is what it is. People can try and be colorblind, try to aspire to the idea but, it can, and does, work the other way and I would submit blacks are today much free-er to discriminate than whites because of people who, sometimes, don't see things as they are.

:shrug:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick

We treat racism and bias as some sort of un-natural thing. That doesn't make it right as per our laws and ideals but, by and large, it is what it is. People can try and be colorblind, try to aspire to the idea ...

The act of being bias is greatly different from being racist, and it is not right to try to equate them as being near the same which they are NOT.

Being "bias" is totally natural, and being bias is usually harmless and easy to circumvent, while racism is hateful and counter productive to all concerned.

Plus the idea of being "colorblind" is a white racist ideal as we other people want the African Americans to stop being marginalized.

The white ideal of being "colorblind" means that we stop seeing that American prisons are unjustly crowded with black citizens, and "colorblind" means to stop seeing the African American unemployment rate as significantly above the level of the white population. And of course the big meaning to being "colorblind" would mean to ignore the white privileges and the black disadvantages.

People want to be respected for their race and color, which does not include being colorblind.

Many Americans and many people throughout the entire world are very proud of our African American / black President, and that is because we respect color and we are not colorblind.

This_person

People want to be respected for their race and color, which does not include being colorblind.
I thought people wanted to be respected and judged based on the content of their character, NOT the color of their skin. :shrug:
Many Americans and many people throughout the entire world are very proud of our African American / black President, and that is because we respect color and we are not colorblind.
I tend to look at the content of prisons as convicted law-breakers, not their color. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

I see unemployment as a problem our president helps keep high for any race, not any specific race. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

I tend to see the disadvantages that come with poverty, not with the color of someone's skin. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

All the things you bring up are true - but the color of someone's skin does not get them convicted of a crime, it does not make them unemployable, and it does not make them more prone to poverty. You're seeing causation where there is only corrolation. By seeing the corrolation of skin color, you are being racist by assuming the color of someone's skin affects their abilities.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Rock and Roll.

I thought people wanted to be respected and judged based on the content of their character, NOT the color of their skin. :shrug:

Judging people based on their character if fine, but that does not mean to ignore the person's race as if it were nothing.

I tend to look at the content of prisons as convicted law-breakers, not their color. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

I see unemployment as a problem our president helps keep high for any race, not any specific race. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

I tend to see the disadvantages that come with poverty, not with the color of someone's skin. I guess that makes me color blind in a good way - I'm seeing the facts that matter instead of the ones that don't.

All the things you bring up are true - but the color of someone's skin does not get them convicted of a crime, it does not make them unemployable, and it does not make them more prone to poverty. You're seeing causation where there is only corrolation. By seeing the corrolation of skin color, you are being racist by assuming the color of someone's skin affects their abilities.

All of that shows that you view everything through the white racist perception and perspective.

I certainly do hope that you are a proud supporter of the patriotic Tea Party, because we have seen what that kind are, and they are going down in 2012, and the plan is for that kind to stay down.

bcp

In My Opinion
so it comes down to what?
lets start with prison.
What is it that you are claiming to be racist here, or color based.

ylexot

Super Genius
No, I like the dream, and I said it was fine.

But MLK did not say to be "colorblind" as that is a white racist injection into the speech.

I must have misheard it. I didn't think he said to judge on the content of their character and the color of their skin....