I like this I am sure this really happened??????

Justme2

DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY #16-2547: Deputy Y. Bortchevsky was dispatched to Silverton Lane, in Chesapeake Beach, for the report of a destruction of property. On January 12, an unknown male posed as a heating/cooling repairman and rewired the victim's heat pump, causing it to stop working. :elaine:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mmmm...why would someone go to all that trouble? And how does that work, logistically?

I smell :bs:

frequentflier

happy to be living
DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY #16-2547: Deputy Y. Bortchevsky was dispatched to Silverton Lane, in Chesapeake Beach, for the report of a destruction of property. On January 12, an unknown male posed as a heating/cooling repairman and rewired the victim's heat pump, causing it to stop working. :elaine:

I would expect nothing surprises law enforcement officers anymore.

Heard a call last week on scanner for a dude that called mid morning saying his wife threw water on him while he was in bed. What a waste of the officers time to have to respond to that.

luvmygdaughters

It did happen, my daughters live two doors down from this place. Something about it being foreclosed on and the owner owing money to a lot of repair places.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Mmmm...why would someone go to all that trouble? And how does that work, logistically?

I smell :bs:

I would ask how stupid would you have to be to allow someone to touch your system if you had not called the company for service..
But then again, people will always take free or cheap offers. Be real, how many people have been scammed with the email to send them $1000 so you can inherit $1M?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would ask how stupid would you have to be to allow someone to touch your system if you had not called the company for service..
But then again, people will always take free or cheap offers. Be real, how many people have been scammed with the email to send them $1000 so you can inherit $1M?

Well sure, but to allow a stranger that you didn't even call into your home to "fix" your heating unit...I don't even know what to say about that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It did happen, my daughters live two doors down from this place. Something about it being foreclosed on and the owner owing money to a lot of repair places.

More information, please, if you have it. If this is a real thing, people need to be aware of it.

luvmygdaughters

The neighbor let them in. The place is rented to a couple whose house is being rebuilt after a storm did damage to it. The owner of the place has let it go into foreclosure. Apparently, the owner had the hvac company do some work for the tenants but never paid the bill.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The neighbor let them in. The place is rented to a couple whose house is being rebuilt after a storm did damage to it. The owner of the place has let it go into foreclosure. Apparently, the owner had the hvac company do some work for the tenants but never paid the bill.

So the HVAC company sent someone to mess up their system?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well sure, but to allow a stranger that you didn't even call into your home to "fix" your heating unit...I don't even know what to say about that.

I do, "How dumb can you be?"

Like I said, we don't know the pitch, and people who are looking to score a "great deal", can often overlook the reasonable part if they think they are getting a steal.