I love Montana.

Montana officials are warning that if the Supreme Court rules in the D.C. gun ban case that the right to keep and bear arms protects only state-run militias like the National Guard, then the federal government will have breached Montana's statehood contract.

The dispute goes back more than a century. Back in 1889, the settlers of the Montana territory struck a deal with the federal government: They agreed to join the union, and the government agreed that individuals had the right to bear arms.

Montanans insist on gun rights - - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

Vince

Montana officials are warning that if the Supreme Court rules in the D.C. gun ban case that the right to keep and bear arms protects only state-run militias like the National Guard, then the federal government will have breached Montana's statehood contract.

Montanans insist on gun rights#-#-#The Washington Times, America's Newspaper
I don't like snow, but I like Montana. :yay: You'd never see that from Md officials even if they would have made a deal like Montana did.

blacklabman

I don't like snow, but I like Montana. :yay: You'd never see that from Md officials even if they would have made a deal like Montana did.

Maryland did make that deal when they ratified the Constitution including the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights deals with individual rights, not collective rights. End of discussion!

I have been hunting in Montana since 1980 and have always enjoyed going there.

Maryland did make that deal when they ratified the Constitution including the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights deals with individual rights, not collective rights. End of discussion!

I have been hunting in Montana since 1980 and have always enjoyed going there.

It used to be awesome fishing, but I've been told it's getting pretty hard to find a section of river that isn't owned by someone.

There was one little lake you had to hike a couple miles to get to that you would catch either a cutthroat or a grayling on every cast.

Last edited:

ImnoMensa

These people who complain that the Patriot act is taking away their right to privacy never complain when the Government takes our right to keep and bear arms.

The right to keep and bear arms is just as important as the right to privacy, the right to free speech and any other right guaranteed to US citizens.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
These people who complain that the Patriot act is taking away their right to privacy never complain when the Government takes our right to keep and bear arms.

The right to keep and bear arms is just as important as the right to privacy, the right to free speech and any other right guaranteed to US citizens.

In fact, the right to privacy showed up with Roe v. Wade. It's a made-up right.