I love spring.

jamesbond007

Even though it's rainy and not to beautiful out, it sure does feel nice to be out and doing more at the farm and with the ponies.

Rebel is now at Kamp Akomplish and doing pretty good. He has his off days, and still has some issues to work throuh, but thats what happens when you have a young horse trying to do the job of an old man.

I hope everyone is doing great, and with show season starting soon, racking up them ribbons :)

Attachments

• rebel laying down2..jpg
    rebel laying down2..jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 125
  • rebel laying down..jpg
    rebel laying down..jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 124

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Even though it's rainy and not to beautiful out, it sure does feel nice to be out and doing more at the farm and with the ponies.

Rebel is now at Kamp Akomplish and doing pretty good. He has his off days, and still has some issues to work throuh, but thats what happens when you have a young horse trying to do the job of an old man.

I hope everyone is doing great, and with show season starting soon, racking up them ribbons :)

I'd do ya!

Here is an AV for ya!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 51

erinjograves

Thats awesome!!!!! Hooray for Rebel Man!!!!! I am so glad he got to go to Kamp and I am sure he will settle in eventually and be the wonderful little guy we all know he is!!!!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Very nice pictures. :yay:

jamesbond007

Thats awesome!!!!! Hooray for Rebel Man!!!!! I am so glad he got to go to Kamp and I am sure he will settle in eventually and be the wonderful little guy we all know he is!!!!

I sure hope so. All the kids love him, but he is such a punk in the field with the new boys. They haven't been using him with kids for riding though, which kind of upsets me, but i guess they've gotta do what they feel like he can do best.

I hope all your guys, and YOU are doing great!:howdy:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)

Did you donate your horse to Kamp-A-Komplish? I have a gelding that has had 2 leg injuries that is sound but there is no way someone will pay the asking price and I know you can get a tax write-off sometimes ifyou donate is that what you did? What exacly does your horse do there? What are the facilities like?

SugarNSpikes

Did you donate your horse to Kamp-A-Komplish? I have a gelding that has had 2 leg injuries that is sound but there is no way someone will pay the asking price and I know you can get a tax write-off sometimes ifyou donate is that what you did? What exacly does your horse do there? What are the facilities like?

Last I checked, Doria is very selective about the horses she takes so it must be kid friendly, and able to be used in therapeutic lessons meaning that it must be very patient and gentle around kids. Also, some of the things we used to do when I took lessons and helped out with lessons was to deal with beginners pulling it around the ring, having foreign objects being thrown to the rider. One of the exercises she does is play catch with the rider while on horseback, and have the horses walk through and around hula-hoops.

The indoor arena is very nice and well maintained, and there's a viewing room attached to it as well. There's a tiny outdoor arena but they don't use it much - she used to let some of the older girls play in it one - two horse/rider teams at a time. They also have a very nice trail that goes through the property, but it's a a short one.

The care that the horses receive was always top of the line and the barn is always in the best shape.

It couldn't hurt to call or e-mail them and see if you could work something out - Kamp A•Kom•Plish : Equestrian Programs. Last I talked to Doria, she was always very prompt and quick about replying to e-mails.

jamesbond007

Well I guess most of your answers were answered in the previous quote already, but I didn't donate my horse. He is just being free leased basically. If you have any other questions, I know Doria and Amy were looking for another horse sometime soon to help out with program.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Well I guess most of your answers were answered in the previous quote already, but I didn't donate my horse. He is just being free leased basically. If you have any other questions, I know Doria and Amy were looking for another horse sometime soon to help out with program.

I would rather donate him to a place instead of free lease because if they ever decided to stop leasing I couldn't take him back. THanks though

jamesbond007

I would rather donate him to a place instead of free lease because if they ever decided to stop leasing I couldn't take him back. THanks though

Sorry if I made it confusing, you can donate him if they accept him into the program. I just didn't because I'm not ready to get rid of my guy, and he has so much life to him still.

erinjograves

I sure hope so. All the kids love him, but he is such a punk in the field with the new boys. They haven't been using him with kids for riding though, which kind of upsets me, but i guess they've gotta do what they feel like he can do best.

I hope all your guys, and YOU are doing great!:howdy:

LOL! Tucker is a Punk too, so I understand where you are coming from. They will get around to using him with the kids and I am sure he will be wonderful!!!

My boys are doing great. Fat and happy living at Mom's! Lady Bug is being leased to a guy in Upper Marlboro being bred. Baby and I are doing very well!!! Cant wait until August to meet the new little one!

heard you are moving????

jamesbond007

LOL! Tucker is a Punk too, so I understand where you are coming from. They will get around to using him with the kids and I am sure he will be wonderful!!!

My boys are doing great. Fat and happy living at Mom's! Lady Bug is being leased to a guy in Upper Marlboro being bred. Baby and I are doing very well!!! Cant wait until August to meet the new little one!

heard you are moving????

I'm so glad everything is going so well!

And you heard correct, I leave may 21st or 22nd. Moving to Washington State. I wasn't going to leave until Mid/Late June but I got a job being an assistant therapeutic/english instructor for a summer camp up there, so i'm extremely excited ! :):yahoo: