I need a (new) friend with his own shootin' range

SoMdmMusician

Is there anyone around the southern maryland area who has his own private shooting range? I am looking for a friend, or to make a new friend, who has access to / on private land and is able to target shoot at his own free will.

I am done with trying to get into Myrtle Grove, that location is useless, and I have not been able to use my new $20.00 permit, or hers, in the past 5 times we've been there! However, this $40.00 is not shot to hell, since we have not been able to shoot at all.

I am trying to get my wife acclimated to her the new .357 Mag. before it shows up. It's on order and due in anytime, and I have borrowed a .357 from a friend to get her use to what she is going to own, but, I can not find any public ranges that are worth the time and hassle of standing in a damn line all day just to shoot a few rounds, which we have yet been able to do...

So, if anybody can help us out, please give me a shout at:

Cell: 240-682-0958 Leave Message Please

Email: dwightsmail@somd.net

RPMDAD

Is there anyone around the southern maryland area who has his own private shooting range? I am looking for a friend, or to make a new friend, who has access to / on private land and is able to target shoot at his own free will.

I am done with trying to get into Myrtle Grove, that location is useless, and I have not been able to use my new $20.00 permit, or hers, in the past 5 times we've been there! However, this $40.00 is not shot to hell, since we have not been able to shoot at all.

I am trying to get my wife acclimated to her the new .357 Mag. before it shows up. It's on order and due in anytime, and I have borrowed a .357 from a friend to get her use to what she is going to own, but, I can not find any public ranges that are worth the time and hassle of standing in a damn line all day just to shoot a few rounds, which we have yet been able to do...

Sorry can't help with the land, but there is/ was an indoor shooting range right up by the intersection of rte4 and the beltway can't remember the name but the price was reasonable and it was a nice set up. use to shoot 45cal. 9 mil and 357 there, but that was years ago. I guess Myrtle Grove has changed years ago , i guess before it was super regulated i never had a problem shooting ther handgun, shotgun or rifle. But i am an antique.....

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Sanners Lake :shrug:

jenni4

Yay me!
I used to have one of those friends... but then I moved to SOMD. I'm actually going to Myrtle grove to use their range on Monday and I have never had to wait in line in the past.... guess I have good timing

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I need a friend with an oceanfront beach house in the Outer Banks :howdy:

I need a friend with a luxury apartment in mid-town Manhattan. :howdy:

I know I say I have enough friends, but I would make an exception for someone like that. I'd at least pretend to be their friend.

limblips

PREMO Member
I need a friend with a luxury apartment in mid-town Manhattan. :howdy:

I know I say I have enough friends, but I would make an exception for someone like that. I'd at least pretend to be their friend.

Would my una-bomber shack in Ridge be close enough to make you be my friend?:lmao:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Sorry can't help with the land, but there is/ was an indoor shooting range right up by the intersection of rte4 and the beltway can't remember the name but the price was reasonable and it was a nice set up. use to shoot 45cal. 9 mil and 357 there, but that was years ago. I guess Myrtle Grove has changed years ago , i guess before it was super regulated i never had a problem shooting ther handgun, shotgun or rifle. But i am an antique.....

Maryland Small Arms and it is off Dowerhouse Rd.

K

Kain99

Well, The kids target practice everyday in the back 40. They usually shoot Old detergent bottles and my GD Tea kettles. :lmao:

SPF001

Where is the range on base and what club do you need to join to shoot there? It would be great to shoot over my lunch break.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
PM me if your still looking......I may be able to help.

How far are you willing to travel? Is the Lexington Park area too far?

SoMdmMusician

Until someone shoots their eye out.......... too much liability.

no dude, there's no liability at a privately owned range that is open to the general public, this is where the signed release forms come into play, like up at MSA on Old Marlboro Pike. Unless someone slips on some soda pop and cracks their airbag open. I have done a lot of research on this subject in the past years and I am still considering getting a lease on the old Super Fresh down here in Indian Head and pursuing the range thing, it would be indoors too.

SoMdmMusician

PM me if your still looking......I may be able to help.

How far are you willing to travel? Is the Lexington Park area too far?

Yeah, it is to be honest with you, if I would have considered The Park, I would have just opted for SL, and I would not have posted this, but, I do in all sincerity, appreciate the reply and the offer though.

SoMdmMusician

If the link below works, this will give you an idea of a "hold-harmless" form that is required for Sanners Lake:

http://www.sannerslake.us/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=3&Itemid=29

http://www.sannerslake.us/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=3&Itemid=29

no dude, there's no liability at a privately owned range that is open to the general public, this is where the signed release forms come into play, like up at MSA on Old Marlboro Pike. Unless someone slips on some soda pop and cracks their airbag open. I have done a lot of research on this subject in the past years and I am still considering getting a lease on the old Super Fresh down here in Indian Head and pursuing the range thing, it would be indoors too.