I need good foundation today!

H

HouseCat

Is there anywhere in SoMD to buy Bare Minerals? Other thread has a 100 pages...I got through 10 but ....grr. lol I need some today. Got a party tonight. Don't wear foundation and hate that liquid stuff. Totally forgot about it until now. :jameo:
Help!

If there's no BM outlets around, can you recommend another brand of similar quality please?

Thanks!

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Is there anywhere in SoMD to buy Bare Minerals? Other thread has a 100 pages...I got through 10 but ....grr. lol I need some today. Got a party tonight. Don't wear foundation and hate that liquid stuff. Totally forgot about it until now. :jameo:
Help!

If there's no BM outlets around, can you recommend another brand of similar quality please?

Thanks!

No I don't think any stores around here sell it.
BM is the best but Mary Kay does one that is pretty close, if you need it in a pinch.

Help!

Thanks!

Yes, you can get Bare Minerals from The Hair Company in Leonardtown.

Awesome

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that I thought you had to order it online or drive to Alexandria..

They are a licensed dealer of the goods... they'll hook you up...:cool:

BTW, there is a Bare Escentials STORE in the Annapolis mall now... it it freakin' awesome! :drool:

obxtracey

Bare Minerals

Help!

Thanks!

For those of you in Charles County, Centennial Street Salon in La Plata sells the bare minerals. They keep the mineral veil, regular and tinted, and all of the different shades of foundation in stock. They have a lot of other products from BM, too!:howdy:

H

HouseCat

Ive been in Target many times and I can never find the kits. Where are they hidden?
I was thinking the same thing, until i found them on a bottom shelf...the kits are smaller than you think too. I got the last foundation kit, I'm afraid. That was Friday night; they may have more.

thanks for the reccomendations, btw....My skin looked fantabulous Sat. night.....aside from a Mt. Fugi like zit that popped up suddenly (you know the kind...they only appear when you have a special occasion to attend.):ohwell: Couldn't cover that thing...no matter what. It had a dang shadow. :mad:

kelb

art imitating life
For those of you in Charles County, Centennial Street Salon in La Plata sells the bare minerals. They keep the mineral veil, regular and tinted, and all of the different shades of foundation in stock. They have a lot of other products from BM, too!:howdy:

:huggy: OMG thank you! great tip!

I was thinking the same thing, until i found them on a bottom shelf...the kits are smaller than you think too. I got the last foundation kit, I'm afraid. That was Friday night; they may have more.

thanks for the reccomendations, btw....My skin looked fantabulous Sat. night.....aside from a Mt. Fugi like zit that popped up suddenly (you know the kind...they only appear when you have a special occasion to attend.):ohwell: Couldn't cover that thing...no matter what. It had a dang shadow. :mad:
:lol:

H

HouseCat

Hey, do they make a different kind of Bare Minerals concealer stuff that covers better than the box kit samples? I watched the instructional video, and the pale/summer stuff just isn't covering my dark circles and blemishes.
Seriously... I know how to paint and spackle like the pros. I know I'm doing it right; this stuff just isn't covering my blemishes.

Granted, I have pale, princess of darkness skin, so that doesn't help.

What else is there that will work? Right now, I'm putting regular liquid concelear under the eyes, then brushing on the minerals...that helps the darkness, but accentuates the crows feet/wrinkles. That is counterproductive!

sweetprincess23

Hey, do they make a different kind of Bare Minerals concealer stuff that covers better than the box kit samples? I watched the instructional video, and the pale/summer stuff just isn't covering my dark circles and blemishes.
Seriously... I know how to paint and spackle like the pros. I know I'm doing it right; this stuff just isn't covering my blemishes.

Granted, I have pale, princess of darkness skin, so that doesn't help.

What else is there that will work? Right now, I'm putting regular liquid concelear under the eyes, then brushing on the minerals...that helps the darkness, but accentuates the crows feet/wrinkles. That is counterproductive!

I have been wanting to ask this question and now might be a good time. As far as undereye darkness and puffiness, has anyone heard of putting hemroid cream under the eyes? I heard it gets rid of the puffines, something about the cream that tightens. Does it also get rid of dark circles. If so this might be a good option also instead of concealer, because you would actually be getting rid of the circles and puffiness.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this before I embarrass myself by buying hemroid cream.

W

Wenchy

I have been wanting to ask this question and now might be a good time. As far as undereye darkness and puffiness, has anyone heard of putting hemroid cream under the eyes? I heard it gets rid of the puffines, something about the cream that tightens. Does it also get rid of dark circles. If so this might be a good option also instead of concealer, because you would actually be getting rid of the circles and puffiness.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this before I embarrass myself by buying hemroid cream.

Prep will get rid of the puffy aspect but will do nothing for the dark circles (I call them "hollows")

I've learned to live with it. Concealer worked for many years (regular Cover Girl stick)

You are young and shouldn't have hollows. Moisturize and conceal.

Bare Minerals is great for my skin but horrible with my undereye area. It creases and makes it all the more visible.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
In addition to the Bare Minerals store at Annapolis Mall, there is also a Sephora store in the mall now (new section, down the hallway & around the corner from the BE store) that carries Bare Minerals and a whole lot of other lines. If you go there, get an "insider" card (free). You get a point for every $1 you spend & when you get to 100 points you get a free sample of make-up (usually a choice of 3 offerings). I've found some cool stuff that way! Can't afford to buy it, but cool, none-the-less. You can also shop online with them & shipping is free after $50, which is very easy to do in one sitting...

Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance

Oh, and I seek forgiveness if someone has already posted this info -- I didn't plow through the 100 page bare minerals thread either! I usually get it from QVC with their special kits & now have it coming out the wazoo!

H

HouseCat

I've heard that works for big, swollen zits too. Makes the redness go away. Kind of apprehensive about putting "swollen hole" cream on my face though...ewwwww.

H

HouseCat

How much was the kit at Target?
If I remember right it was around $40. They didn't have a price on it, so I just threw it in the cart.....got up to the register and I was like...!!!!! yikes!