I need help/suggestions please!

jlorraine0

Let me begin this with a disclaimer: I have read the rules of the forum, but if I violate some arcane rule that I have overlooked, please forgive me.

With that out of the way, let me begin. I have a situation, and I would much appreciate any suggestions or helpful feedback. Ok:

Background - I a 25-yr old Atlanta, GA native. I have just graduated from GA State University with a BS in Political Science, and I have been accepted to the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School on an aviation contract, OCC 201, which begins May 20th. I have just moved in with my father in Lexington Park, MD in order to remove unnecessary distractions from my preparation for the USMC.

Situation - While I await my ship date, I am looking for some kind of employment. I have submitted countless applications since arriving in SOMD at the first of the year, yet have not heard from anyone. I know this is probably a VERY common problem considering the current socio-economic climate. I, however, was hoping for something rather different than a pointless retail job anyhow. Ideally, I would like anything that requires me to get up before dawn and break my back performing hard labor for most of the day. Crazy, huh? Well, I'm not out to beef up my savings account, just my body. I am already in great shape, but there is always room for improvement.

I have noticed this is a rather rural area, and that there are many ranches around, and I think it would be awesome to work on one. I just have no idea how to go about finding employment in such a place.

So, like I said, I'm sure many people out there are in a similar tough spot for employment, but any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Johnathon
judeckai2009@gmail.com

K

Kain99

Johnathan post in the horse forums. Those ladies are often looking for help.

Welcome, Jonathon! You've come to the right place! :howdy:

List some of your major qualification points... covering ALL areas... and maybe someone lurking will recognize something they need and will PM you.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Let me begin this with a disclaimer: I have read the rules of the forum, but if I violate some arcane rule that I have overlooked, please forgive me.

With that out of the way, let me begin. I have a situation, and I would much appreciate any suggestions or helpful feedback. Ok:

Background - I a 25-yr old Atlanta, GA native. I have just graduated from GA State University with a BS in Political Science, and I have been accepted to the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School on an aviation contract, OCC 201, which begins May 20th. I have just moved in with my father in Lexington Park, MD in order to remove unnecessary distractions from my preparation for the USMC.

Situation - While I await my ship date, I am looking for some kind of employment. I have submitted countless applications since arriving in SOMD at the first of the year, yet have not heard from anyone. I know this is probably a VERY common problem considering the current socio-economic climate. I, however, was hoping for something rather different than a pointless retail job anyhow. Ideally, I would like anything that requires me to get up before dawn and break my back performing hard labor for most of the day. Crazy, huh? Well, I'm not out to beef up my savings account, just my body. I am already in great shape, but there is always room for improvement.

I have noticed this is a rather rural area, and that there are many ranches around, and I think it would be awesome to work on one. I just have no idea how to go about finding employment in such a place.

So, like I said, I'm sure many people out there are in a similar tough spot for employment, but any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Johnathon
judeckai2009@gmail.com

Ranches? :confused: Where?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Congratulations on your acceptance to OCS. Semper Fi (even if are a winger).j/k

jlorraine0

Wow. You guys respond insanely fast. I posted that, went for some water, and there were six responses! Thanks guys.

Are they farms here? In Georgia big plots of land with horses are ranches... heh...

SingerLady

ALREADY IN GOOD SHAPE HUH! I can give ya a job!!!!!!! You can be my pool boy! but you'd have to wear what I want ya to wear!!! hahaha :drool::spank::jet:

jlorraine0

Welcome, Jonathon! You've come to the right place! :howdy:

List some of your major qualification points... covering ALL areas... and maybe someone lurking will recognize something they need and will PM you.

Ok. Not sure what else to add. I speak Spanish. I learn very quickly. I can dead lift around 250 lbs. I can run 3 miles in about 21 mins. Im 6 ft tall. I have fine dining restaurant experience. I know a lot about wine. Im a jack of all trades; I can and have figured out the basics of any area of work on my own (electrical, automotive, plumbing, etc). I have practical leadership experience (ROTC).

LateApex

Johnathon
judeckai2009@gmail.com

If you don't need the money I'd just enjoy the time you have until you class up.

Once you get in there will be enough work for you to bust your a$$.

I start training again in March (usually only do light workouts during winter) so if you want a training partner that will push you I'm always looking for like minded individuals.

Typical spring workout:

1) Morning run (light) 3 - 5 miles.
2) Afternoon: either weight lifting or intense pt (buds workout).
3) After work: I'll either run again (hills or speed work) or swim 1000m/1500m.

I've trained a few people that went on to OCS with good results.

Ok. Not sure what else to add. I speak Spanish. I learn very quickly. I can dead lift around 250 lbs. I can run 3 miles in about 21 mins. Im 6 ft tall. I have fine dining restaurant experience. I know a lot about wine. Im a jack of all trades; I can and have figured out the basics of any area of work on my own (electrical, automotive, plumbing, etc). I have practical leadership experience (ROTC).

:lol: There's gotta be a Sugar Momma out there somewhere for you!